ER707-M2 new installation. cant get past username/password

2024-07-18 22:58:43 - last edited 2024-07-24 01:55:40
Model: ER707-M2  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1?

Unable to get brand new ER707-M2 setup.  When I first located its IP, and opened a browser, it was prompting me for a username/password combo, not the "setup new" dialog.

So I got up and held the RESET button in over 20 seconds, where it rebooted.

After the device came back up, the login box was presented AGAIN, not the new device setup.

I've reset this device about 3 or 4 times already.

Need help

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER707-M2 new installation. cant get past username/password-Solution
2024-07-19 01:15:45 - last edited 2024-07-24 01:55:40

Hi @enorl76 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Do you have a screenshot of the page you see?

What LED status do you notice during the reset? I want to know this before I judge if it is a hardware issue. 

Also, I require a network diagram with IP addresses.  Do you have any devices in the LAN using the default gateway IP?

And, what is the default gateway IP you see? You use?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:ER707-M2 new installation. cant get past username/password-Solution
2024-07-19 01:15:45 - last edited 2024-07-24 01:55:40

Hi @enorl76 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Do you have a screenshot of the page you see?

What LED status do you notice during the reset? I want to know this before I judge if it is a hardware issue. 

Also, I require a network diagram with IP addresses.  Do you have any devices in the LAN using the default gateway IP?

And, what is the default gateway IP you see? You use?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 149

Replies: 1

Related Articles