No IP address if VLAN on WLAN interface (EAP625)

2024-08-08 20:18:01
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.6

Hi, I've already written an email to support, but I'd like help here too.

Hey everyone,

I have an ER605 + 3x EAP625-Outdoor HD in a public place. We only have the WLAN points for a public WLAN. So we always had a DHCP network set up with VLAN 120 + portal authentication.

That also worked wonderfully.

These days I have received feedback that devices are no longer obtaining an IP. I tested this today and can no longer obtain an IP address. Tested with two smartphones and a Windows laptop. It remains in the status "IP address being retrieved".

I have already rebuilt the WLAN network and recreated the VLAN or DHCP server with the VLAN. That did not work. 

If I take the VLAN down and simply run it via the standard VLAN 1, it works again immediately. Only tagged VLAN does not. I also created a different VLAN for testing, but that didn't work either.

Even the update from 2.0.5 to 2.0.6 did not help.

This is strange, as nothing was done to the working config.

The PoE switch, which is connected between the ER605 and the APs, now has tagged 120 on all ports. This previously worked without it and we had suspected the problem there.

But that didn't help either. No idea what happened. Any ideas?

BR Tim

Options
9 Reply
Re:No IP address if VLAN on WLAN interface (EAP625)
2024-08-09 02:05:30

Hi @TW_EPC 
Thanks for posting in our business forum.
The support file is not gonna be useful to us. The support file requires a customized controller from the dev. So, I cannot review it.

At this point, I recommend you examine your VLAN settings. No better options for you. In the test bench, I have, there is no issue with the VLAN interface. No other similar feedback.

How to Set Up VLAN Interface on the Omada Router

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-08-09 11:53:11

@Clive_A 

I think it's all related to the problem here:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/676060

Options
2024-08-11 03:01:34

Hi  @TW_EPC 

TW_EPC wrote

@Clive_A 

You know that the post you sent, the OP isn't supposed to enable the VLAN on the switch. Do you know that? That's no point in doing that while you have created the VLAN interface on the router.

So, my question would be simple. If you have configured it correctly or not.

Or simply give me a background and how you configure, what you configured.

I can do a simple test with my gears. I still hold my opinion.

AFAIK, you just create VLAN and the clients don't get an IP address, that's what you experienced?

Have you tested a wired device?

Simple as that, test a wired device on the router port. Configure it properly if you know what you are doing. Or post screenshots if you are uncertain.

Will be sending you screenshots when I am back to the office with my test bench.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-08-12 01:48:17

Hi @TW_EPC 

TW_EPC wrote

@Clive_A 

Just checked on your ticket.

It looks like you have misconfigured VLAN 120? The rep worked with the controller team and imported your support file. Found out the VLAN config is not complete.

Let me know if you need to follow this up.

Options
2024-08-12 06:38:19

@Clive_A 

Just checked on your ticket.It looks like you have misconfigured VLAN 120? The rep worked with the controller team and imported your support file. Found out the VLAN config is not complete. Let me know if you need to follow this up.

Hi Clive,

Thank you for your efforts. I'm a bit surprised that you suspect a misconfiguration. 

It has always worked. The only thing that actually changed was the update to the latest controller version. All switches etc have remained the same. So it must have been the update.

Here are two screenshots of the settings I make. It's actually very simple. A DHCP with VLAN and a WLAN network with VLAN. When I now try to log into the "Test" WLAN network, my smartphone doesn't get an IP! However, it does appear in the controller, but this does not distribute an IP address.

No matter whether I use a WLAN network with a password, as guest access or without a password. It's always the same.

BR Tim

Options
2024-08-12 07:22:06

Hi @TW_EPC 

TW_EPC wrote

@Clive_A 

Just checked on your ticket.It looks like you have misconfigured VLAN 120? The rep worked with the controller team and imported your support file. Found out the VLAN config is not complete. Let me know if you need to follow this up.

Hi Clive,

Thank you for your efforts. I'm a bit surprised that you suspect a misconfiguration. 

It has always worked. The only thing that actually changed was the update to the latest controller version. All switches etc have remained the same. So it must have been the update.

Here are two screenshots of the settings I make. It's actually very simple. A DHCP with VLAN and a WLAN network with VLAN. When I now try to log into the "Test" WLAN network, my smartphone doesn't get an IP! However, it does appear in the controller, but this does not distribute an IP address.

No matter whether I use a WLAN network with a password, as guest access or without a password. It's always the same.

BR Tim

EAP620 with ER605 V2 2.2.5.

Everything works perfectly. The phone gets an IP address.

Options
2024-08-12 09:36:19

@Clive_A 

Hey Clive,

Which controller do you use?

BR

Options
2024-08-13 01:11:04 - last edited 2024-08-13 02:09:00

Hi @TW_EPC 

TW_EPC wrote

@Clive_A 

Hey Clive,

Which controller do you use?

BR

Software, 5.14.20.9.

In addition, you did not reply to the email ticket. Please reply to that and make sure that you have configured it correctly.

The question from us was not answered. This is stagnant.

Options
2024-08-13 13:12:50

@Clive_A 

I have now answered the ticket.

BR

Options