Block router web interface on Omada Controller

2024-08-13 10:48:23 - last edited 2024-08-14 02:10:56
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2

On the OMADA controller I have the default LAN, Lan for mobile devices and guest lan, in the following order:

Default: 172.16.20.1/24 - Gateway 172.16.20.1

Mobile: 192.168.10.1/24 - Gateway 192.168.10.1

Guest: 192.168.15.1/24 - Gateway 192.168.15.1

Controller: 172.16.20.150

I need to block access to the gateway's web interface for each LAN, I configured an ACL Rule Gateway, direction LAN-LAN, Deny All Protocols from Network: Mobile and Guest (for tests) Destination: Gateway Management Page, but all devices are blocked to access internet.

I tried other rule, on Switch ACL, polocy Deny All protocols, source Network: Mobile (for test) Destination: Ip Group and I created a Gateway IP UI e configurei 192.168.10.1/32, but the smartphones show connected to wifi, without Internet.

I would like to understand the correct way to block access to the gateway's web interface to apply in my cenario. Many smartphones like Samsung have a option "manage router" on wifi settings, and the omada controller is a snitch, it shows which IP of the controller is managing the router "Note: This Gateway is being managed by Omada Controller 172.16.20.150, so I must block web UI of the gateway on ALL VLANs

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Block router web interface on Omada Controller-Solution
2024-08-14 02:10:54 - last edited 2024-08-14 02:10:56

Hi @RafaelMartins 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Unselect the ICMP from the protocols. That'll do the trick.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Block router web interface on Omada Controller-Solution
2024-08-14 02:10:54 - last edited 2024-08-14 02:10:56

Hi @RafaelMartins 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Unselect the ICMP from the protocols. That'll do the trick.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options