Problems with latency, streaming, notifications, and camera obstruction

2024-08-14 07:42:02
Model: VIGI C540  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.1 Build 240619 Rel.55917n

Hi, 

Firstly sorry for my bad English, I posted in French but I don't think there's anyone to reply.

I recently purchased two VIGI C540v2 cameras because they are POE powered and I'm having problems that make me regret my purchase.

On first start-up, both cameras constantly detect an obstruction and send me a notification every 20 seconds. The minimum detection makes no difference.

I then decided to restart the cameras and this time there was a total absence of notification on the phone. Of course, I checked the notification settings and the absence mode, and everything was fine. The camera detects a movement, a human, a car, records but the application gives no notification. The obstruction problem is still present and the camera records continuously.

When I want to watch the live stream I keep getting unstable network messages, I must point out that I have a 1 gb/s fiber optic connection. Closing then opening the application solves the problem, but it's restrictive.

Navigation in the application is very slow, there's clearly a lack of optimization, and some settings don't seem to be recognized.

Today I don't know what to do and I'm thinking of returning both cameras. I wanted the Tapo range because the app is great and everything works perfectly, but it doesn't offer a POE camera.

I find that for a professional range, VIGI is not functional.

At the moment, I feel like I'm in a beta test. Tapo is more advanced

Options
3 Reply
Re:Problems with latency, streaming, notifications, and camera obstruction
2024-08-15 06:18:31

Hi @ELEPTIK 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

I happened to have a similar model, C540-4G V1, on my hands. Got one from the factory to test it out.

I experienced zero issues as you described. I suspect it is your network issue.

I recall that the 20 seconds you get the same event notification. That's the minimal interval.

I use VSM and the VIGI app. Both did not experience any stream issues.

The latency is 1 or 2 seconds. The server is Asia-Pacific. 

In-app notifications can be triggered and prompted the notification timely.

I indeed experience stream issues when I use a VPN. I notice when I log in and the connected server is not in the same geo-location, the stream will be broken.

If I turn off the VPN, the stream turns to normal. But requires the app to be restarted. I think it is a matter of the log-in geo and the stream access is not the same. The access is denied.

It does not matter how fast your Internet speed is.

I tested with my Android 14 and iOS 17 devices. iPhone 13 mini, and Xiaomi. They don't experience any sort of app issues.

I can illustrate this if you need. Tell me what kind of actions you have such a problem.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-08-15 07:09:45

@Clive_A 

Thanks for your reply, 
I don't use a VPN, but I don't know which server I'm on. How do I know if it's the right one? And how can I change it?
My cameras are connected via RJ45 cat7 to a Tp-Link POE switch (TL-SG1008P).
The notifications worked until the cameras were rebooted, since then there have been no more notifications even though the recordings are there.
And all this doesn't explain why the obstruction detection detects in a loop and records, even when set to minimum. to tell you all about it, the camera records in a loop as soon as night falls

Options
2024-08-15 07:17:42

Hi @ELEPTIK 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

ELEPTIK wrote

@Clive_A 

Thanks for your reply, 
I don't use a VPN, but I don't know which server I'm on. How do I know if it's the right one? And how can I change it?
My cameras are connected via RJ45 cat7 to a Tp-Link POE switch (TL-SG1008P).
The notifications worked until the cameras were rebooted, since then there have been no more notifications even though the recordings are there.
And all this doesn't explain why the obstruction detection detects in a loop and records, even when set to minimum. to tell you all about it, the camera records in a loop as soon as night falls

Have you examined your DNS server?

The Europe server should be the West Europe one.

Notification means the in-app notification or the pushed notification?

Loop recording? How do you tell that?

Do you have a video to show this?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options