Firmware Version: 2.1.2 Build 20240324 Rel.46738

Curent Setup 

Have 2 ISPs with identical speed connected with 2 Ports - Port 2 and Port 3 

Enable Load Balancing - Checked

Enable Application Optimized Routing - Checked

Enable Bandwidth Based Balance Routing on port(s): - Not Checked 
Link Backup - Not configured 
Online Status - Both Ports Online 

I see Port 3 is being utilized more than port 2 for session/Data. It should be 50:50,  isn't it ? 

Am I missing something ? Please advice 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Port usage for Multi WAN with Load Balancing-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Hi @macfan007 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Recommend you check the pinned thread on the router page.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Port usage for Multi WAN with Load Balancing-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Hi @macfan007 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Recommend you check the pinned thread on the router page.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Port usage for Multi WAN with Load Balancing
2 weeks ago

@Clive 

Thanks . I read point#10 

So, you should consider if the traffic is repeated based on the IP. For example, if you watch a movie from the streaming platform, you should not be load balanced and you should enable the Application Optimized Routing.

I think it should be OR &  not and  . Pl check again. 

I am doing load ballancing and enabled optimised too. (not agreegating). Streaming service is working fine. 

Options
Re:Port usage for Multi WAN with Load Balancing
2 weeks ago

Hi @macfan007

macfan007 wrote

@Clive 

Thanks . I read point#10 

So, you should consider if the traffic is repeated based on the IP. For example, if you watch a movie from the streaming platform, you should not be load balanced and you should enable the Application Optimized Routing.

I think it should be OR &  not and  . Pl check again. 

I am doing load ballancing and enabled optimised too. (not agreegating). Streaming service is working fine. 

You don't really seem to get the point. I am reasoning an example instead of asking if your streaming is fine or not. And you seem to be very confused and focused on the grammar. Nice to have you here to examine my grammar. However, I have used third-party grammar to examine that and I don't think there is a pop-up notification about that.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 148

Replies: 3

Related Articles