omada router - dhcp and client list

a week ago
Model: ER707-M2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2

Hello!

Have been here couple of times to find answers for some questions I had, and now finally got my set up working and then new questions that I hope you guys can help.

Heres my set up:

- Gateway/Router = ER707-M2 - connected to my ISP on port 1 and connected to a switch on port 2. This guys is working as my DHCP.

- Omada SDN Controller = Windows Machine - so using the Software Controller. This PC is connected to the same switch as ER707-M2

- AP = EAP783 - This AP is connected to the same switch as the two above

- Switch = Netgear MS108EUP - Needed a PoE++ switch and ended going with this nice guy, which I do not regret, pretty good so far

You can imagine that I can't manage the netgear from the Omada SDN (sure and ok), so I'm not able to see this guy in the Device List from Omada SDN, but I'm neither able to see the switch in the Client List. I was expecting to see the netger over there at least, shouldn't I?

I'm changing the IP address of the "static" devices, so they don't be part of the DHCP range to avoid issues, like my Omada Software Controller is "Use Fixed IP Address", along with my AP, and was wondering doing the same for the Switch, but since I can't find on the Omada UI, I'm going to manually change that on the Switch UI.

So, just to ensure. All of this is expected, correct? I'm not missing anything here?!

Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:omada router - dhcp and client list
a week ago

Hi @dimago 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Does it get an IP address? I mean is it manageable? If it has a web GUI, it should be displayed in the client list.

If this doesn't show up, where does it connect? Reboot the router/controller to see if it can be displayed correctly.

Usually, it should be fine to display a client device if it gets an IP address.

If your switch supports LLDP, enable it. On the controller, you'd see this.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
a week ago

@Clive_A  - thanks for replying!

Yes, the switch is a managed switch and I can access the UI - Note this is not a TP-Link Switch, it is a Netgear switch.

From the Netgear switch I don't have that LLDP option, but I have this one below:

At this point I'm not sure who is the limitation, but I'm sure since the Omada is the Router and gave the IP address to the switch through the DHCP, I shall be able to see that, in the Controller's UI Client List or in a different place. Maybe there is a bug within TP-Link?

Thanks!

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Hi @dimago 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

dimago wrote

@Clive_A  - thanks for replying!

Yes, the switch is a managed switch and I can access the UI - Note this is not a TP-Link Switch, it is a Netgear switch.

From the Netgear switch I don't have that LLDP option, but I have this one below:

At this point I'm not sure who is the limitation, but I'm sure since the Omada is the Router and gave the IP address to the switch through the DHCP, I shall be able to see that, in the Controller's UI Client List or in a different place. Maybe there is a bug within TP-Link?

Thanks!

I confirmed that there might be a potential issue with the discovery. In rare cases, it can trigger that and cannot be discovered. Fix is scheduled for V5.15.X and associated router firmware. It is not a DHCP issue but a discovery problem with the controller.

As for the moment, the steps should be what I wrote earlier, if this still does not show up, it cannot be fixed at this moment.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options