Help with VLAN and ACL
Help with VLAN and ACL
Tuesday
Model: ER707-M2  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

First time setting up VLANs.

I have a VLAN (id: 20) for IOT devices that I don't want to be able to access devices on other VLANs.

But they should be able to access one single server on the default network (VLAN id: 1) which hosts Home Assistant.

Is it possible to do this via ACL rules?

Thank you.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Help with VLAN and ACL
Wednesday

Hi @StephaneDupont 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Do you have a switch in your network?

Do you use Omada Controller?

If you are using the Controller mode, you should use the Switch ACL as it supports IP Group ACL. If you are in standalone mode, use the ACL on the router and configure the IP Group in the Source and Destination.

If you don't have a switch but using the controller mode, the feature has been placed in the roadmap. ETA V5.16.X.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Wednesday

@Clive_A Thank you for your answer. Yes, my switches are all Omada switches and I'm using the OC300 hardware controller.

So, if I understand correctly,

1. to prevent my IOT VLAN to access other VLANs, I should have a Switch ACL rule (source and destination "network") that denies access to other VLANs

2. ... and then I add another rule also as a Switch ACL rule like this:

Policy: permit

Source: type network, IOT VLAN

Destination: type IP group, and I set here my Home Assistant server IP with a /32 mask

Is it correct?

Also:

- How does precedence work here? What should be the first rule? 1. or 2. ?

- For these 2 rules, should the binding type be "Ports" or "VLAN"?

Thank you.

Options
Thursday

Hi @StephaneDupont 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

StephaneDupont wrote

@Clive_A Thank you for your answer. Yes, my switches are all Omada switches and I'm using the OC300 hardware controller.

So, if I understand correctly,

1. to prevent my IOT VLAN to access other VLANs, I should have a Switch ACL rule (source and destination "network") that denies access to other VLANs

2. ... and then I add another rule also as a Switch ACL rule like this:

Policy: permit

Source: type network, IOT VLAN

Destination: type IP group, and I set here my Home Assistant server IP with a /32 mask

Is it correct?

Also:

- How does precedence work here? What should be the first rule? 1. or 2. ?

- For these 2 rules, should the binding type be "Ports" or "VLAN"?

Thank you.

With the SW ACL, you would have more versatile ACL config as you have the IP-Port. Currently, the GW ACL does not support LAN-LAN IP-Port. Scheduled to V5.15.X update.

If you want to have a single A to B, but the rest of A cannot reach B, you need to create the Deny and Allow rules.

Allow an A to B,

Block A to B.

You can use the label and tag to filter out the guide we have:

Try one is a collection of fan-made SW ACL guides:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/3?labelIds=8738,8744&tagId=7194

Hope they can help you with the setup.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options