Advice please

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Advice please

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Advice please
Advice please
2015-01-13 06:05:42
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 2.9 v000c.0 Build 131114 Rel.33362n

ISP : BskyB

Hi Guys,

Sorry in advance for my very limited knowledge in this field.

My brother bought me a TD-W8970 for my birthday recently as my standard issue Sky box had been playing up recently and kept dropping the wifi signal etc....

I have been semi successful in setting it up.

It seems to work OK over wifi, my ipad and HTC phone seem to work fine on it.

My heating programmer (tado) seems to work fine as well.

However, my Vodafone, suresignal doesn't work at all unfortunately. which is a big problem for me :( cant run my business from home with no mobile signal really. this is plugged in via an ethernet cable, which is plugged into LAN2.

Interestingly, my laptopm which works ok over the wifi doesn't work when plugged in with an ethernet cable. Also on my laptop, the internet seems a bit laggy, but only on IE, which it didnt do to the same extent before.

I clicked on the diagnostics tab whilst on the router 192.168..... page and it failed on the 'ping default gateway' and 'Network Connection Status Inspect(NCSI)' - that was on the 'test internet surfing' test.

The 'test WAN interface connection' diagnostics mode failed on the 'ping default gateway' as well.

Thanks in advance, Tim
Options
1 Reply
Re:Advice please
2015-01-13 13:45:26
Hi, could you screenshot the TD-W8970's status page and WAN settings page?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 249

Replies: 1

Related Articles