Advice please

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Advice please

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Advice please
Advice please
2021-03-26 08:39:21

I'm currently with Virgin Media broadband (100Mbps) and have a Hub 3 but the range to get a decent signal is awful.  Even with the paper thin walls of 20 year old house it really struggles.  The only place I can put the hub without unsightly wires going everywhere is behind the TV.  I realise that's one of the worst places to locate it but I'd rather leave it there out of sight and find a powerline solution to get to the other parts of the house.

I've already got a couple of AV1000's which routes upstairs but the other end only provides a wired connection and I'm after wireless.  I also have since bought an AC1200 WiFi range extender but I've been really disappointed but I guess that'll be due to the poor signal from the Hub rather than the unit.  One of the problems seems to be that whilst the wireless name is the same as the Hub it doesn't work seemlessly. 

I'm therefore looking for a solution that will help and I'm guessing a powerline kit like the TL-WPA8630 would do.  The question is would people recommend this or is there another option so I can utilise the existing powerline adaptor at the hub end?  Maybe there are other options that people would recommend.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Peter

Options
2 Reply
Re:Advice please
2021-04-02 03:44:34

@Peter-B Hello Peter, 

Sorry for the late update.

If you are going to put a wireless power line device near TV, you could test if the old AV1000 extender could work properly when it is behind TV first. 

If you already have AV1000 and want to add more, please consider AV1000 or AV2000, which is 7 Series or 9 Series, like Model, TL-WPA7510,

" W" means wireless and that TL-WPA unit has Wireless function. 
In a Powerline Kit, one of the 2 units is the wireless unit , other one is wired unit which can work as wired extender or main adapter. 

In theory, all the TP-Link powerline devices on sale can work together. In the real network environment, it would be better if we use the powerline devices with same powerline data speed in the same network. We can also use powerline devices with different data speeds together. Here are some recommendations:

Current Powerline

Recommendation

AV600/AV1300

AV600, AV1300

AV1000/AV2000

AV1000, AV2000

Options
Re:Advice please
2021-04-02 09:38:19 - last edited 2021-04-02 09:38:42

@Solla-topee - Thanks for the reply and advice given.  I'm close to jumping ship and going for a Deco mesh system as that seems to bring with it a few extra features like seamless roaming around the house to connect to the strongest signal which was one of the problems I was getting at the moment.  Thanks anyway though.

Peter

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 339

Replies: 2

Related Articles