DHCP clients don't show if IP is set manually

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-02-08 12:23:49 - last edited 2021-08-21 07:02:47
Model : TL-ER6120

Hardware Version : TL-ER6120 v1.0

Firmware Version : 1.0.7 Build 20140113 Rel.63736

ISP : TWC

So I am having an issue were client computers with manually set IP addresses don't show in the DHCP client tab of the router. So it seems that the router can only see .. or show me devices that actually get IP addresses from the router. This pretty bad for security because one way hackers can sit and lurk on your network is by using a manual IP address or even better spoofing one that is. I need to see every device transmitting traffic through the router regardless if they get an IP address from the router or not. Please fix this ASAP
Options
2 Reply
Re:DHCP clients don't show if IP is set manually
2017-02-10 11:02:14 - last edited 2021-08-21 07:02:47
Hi dude! You can still find the manual IP in the Router's ARP List. What's more, the DHCP client stands for the client which get an IP from the DHCP Server. I don't know any other router can show a manual IP address in its DHCP Client list.
Options
Re:DHCP clients don't show if IP is set manually
2017-02-11 10:35:54 - last edited 2021-08-21 07:02:47
Just about any and every halfway decent router can show a list of network devices regardless of DHCP. I am mostly used to Netgear, ASUS, Cisco and TrendNet and I can't even remember not having it available. The ARP list does not resolve host names either so again, if you have an unknown device on the network you will have a hard time finding out what it is and/or if it is ok to be on the network.
Another nice feature by the way would be to be able to block/unblock the device right out of the list.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2438

Replies: 2

Related Articles