Whitelisting IP addresses for external scan ER605

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-07 08:35:55
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2 Build 20230210 Rel.62992

I have set up 2 LANs, one with a POS card payment machine.  I am required to allow 3 IP addresses to be whitelisted to allow for external vulnerability scanning.  On my previous router I could set this in the firewall, however I am unclear as to how to do this on the ER605.  Is it done via a Gateway ACL rule, which seems to be for LAN-to-WAN access rather than allowing WAN-to-LAN access, or via the URL whitelisting section under the Network Security tab?  I assume that, either way, these can be allowed to scan the card payment LAN (176.16.0.x) rather than the main LAN (192.168.0.x)?

Thanks for any help on this.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Whitelisting IP addresses for external scan ER605
2023-07-10 03:25:20

Hi@TT27,

If you are using the Controller, please use the WAN-IN as a Direction for your incoming connection.

To set up the port forwarding, please make sure you follow this guide:How to set up Port Forwarding feature on TP-Link SMB Router (new UI) The setup process is quite similar to the controller.

If you failed to make the port open, please refer to Why virtual server (port forwarding) feature is not working on your TP-Link Business router?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options