ER605 V2_2.1.4_Build 20230727 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on Aug 2nd, 2023)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER605 V2_2.1.4_Build 20230727 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on Aug 2nd, 2023)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
134 Reply
Re:ER605 V2_2.1.4_Build 20230720 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on July 21st, 2023)
2023-07-31 03:55:57

@Clive_A OC200 v5.9.32. For the ER605, I've already downgraded to 2.1.2 so replicatong the issue is not possible. The "freeze and reboot" oftens randomly which prompted me to downgrade.

Options
Re:ER605 V2_2.1.4_Build 20230720 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on July 21st, 2023)
2023-07-31 06:20:57 - last edited 2023-07-31 06:21:36

Hi @ceejaybassist 

That's a pity. If possible, can you export the related information for me? Specify the date when you experienced the issue. That would be helpful for us to locate the issue.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-07-31 08:34:18

Well I downgraded to 2.1.3 and it still reboots when I have a Bandwidth Profile.......  so stupid!

Still drops the net when you change a port forward and if it doesn't reboot a bandwidth item is also drops the net.  Can I suggest perhaps upgrading the Linux Core OS if you guys haven't and look to improve the background adjustments of things.

I don't know any other modems have DISCONNECT the internet to clients when changing a Port Forward.  All these issues have remained since the start......

So I got a reboot on 2.1.4  .......... randomly........ (no accessing the modem just random reboots)........ and now on 2.1.3 changed a Bandwidth Profile......... boom reboot.

I want to be able to change settings NO RELATED TO WAN.........  and have the connection stay on.  Thats called BUSINESS/ENTERPRISE GRADE HARDWARE/SOFTWARE.

In no way should ANY of this REBOOT or DROP INTERNET unless your specifically changing a main item that would naturally effect it.

Options
2023-08-01 06:51:53

Hi @MrHC1983 

This is not the first time I ask if you can give us some details or a running log for us to locate the problem.

Can you let me know the controller version? From what you posted, you have tried 2.1.4 beta and 2.1.3 official, and on 2.1.4 you have a random reboot issue. And this persists on 2.1.3 after your downgrade it.

Apart from that, you have experience with port forwarding that can take down your Internet? On both 2.1.3 and 2.1.4? Can you be specific about this? The whole internet is down after you modify a single port forward rule?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-08-01 07:07:25

Hi @A-Shark 

Not sure if you are interested in giving more details and exporting the running log when you use 2.1.4 beta?

I'd appreciate it if you can run the 2.1.4 beta and run the bandwidth and another test again. If this replicates, can you please export the running log for us and let me know more details?

Options
2023-08-01 23:33:12

@Clive_A 

I have worked with TP Link on a few things since I bought this supplying logs, allowing remote access to my systems for them to look into things.  So forgive me if I don't waste more hours....

The dropping of the internet when adding or changing any port forwards has existed since PURCHASE.  Since the original firmware........  I do not need to be specific, this is what your techs in the labs are for.  Hook it up, add a port forward within hmmm maybe 60 seconds the net drops.  I can only imagine on Linux the IPTables reload causing dropped internet for whatever reason on your build of Linux.

The RANDOM REBOOT...........  In 2.1.3 and 2.1.4 it would randomly reboot when adjusting "that I have noticed" Bandwidth settings as shown below, adding, removing, just editing the speed BOOM reboot (not always but alot of the time).  Attached photo.  In 2.1.4 it would randomly reboot without me doing anything.  Whats REALLY ANNOYING about this is it takes like 5-10 MINUTES for the net to come back up.  It takes FOREVER to boot, then adopts and configures half the time if your unlucky and it's messed up again it reboots AGAIN after configuring.

It's just not good.   

1.  Takes forever to start.

2.  Drops internet on port forward changes (add/remove/edit)

3.  It has no static IP custom DNS rules

4.  Again the misalignment of Omada Hardware Releases vs ER605 (Routers In General).

5.  The entire QoS system ........ is terrible.  It should be not DEVIDING UP THE INTERNET.  It should be setting custom rules to ensure a MINIMUM Guarentee.

6.  The latency on atleast the ER605 is terrible once downloads are under way, you can only be using just over half your internet capacity and this thing has trouble with packets and latency for very picky things.  

Look we all just want something that works........... thats why we are on the forum, stating what we are finding fault wise with these units.  Missing features is one thing, random reboots, taking forever to start.......  not functioning as intended (ie is 2023, managing bandwidth is a standard now).

I attached a screen shot.  If you want the logs what do you want?  The OC200 or the ER605 diagnostic logs........  I won't be posting them here as they clearly show the passwords in clear text!

Options
2023-08-02 01:23:03

Hi @MrHC1983 

I looked up the history. So you were complaining its boot time like half year ago. It's been optimized but the boot time can vary if you have configs on it. From my memory at the lab with this thing, I usually wait less than 5 minutes and it boots up.

You were facing a random reboot on V2.1.1? And now on V2.1.3 official and V2.1.4 beta. I am not sure if this is a false alarm like you reported half year ago.

Features you asking for, some are not guaranteed. They need to go through the evaluation phase. Not every single feature asked by people is gonna be implemented.

About what you said the misalignment. Our dev team is doing their best to add as many features as possible this year to the controller. Yes, as you said, some features are missing on router firmware. But you at least know that we have added them which also means that we are gonna update the firmware later to make them functional. Begin of this year, we collect feedback and requests as many as possible. Adding tons of features that have been asked for by customers. Getting some new routers published on markets. More Omada gateways and more firmware updates gotta be adapted to the new features, our dev team's working hard. 

Some day in the future, we are gonna divide the product line to satisfy different needs of customers. At that time, you can probably expect some more features.

Regarding what you said about the latency high, can only use half of the Internet capacity, what do you mean? Are you using multi-WAN? If yes, we never guarantee you will have every download task load balanced. Why failing to achieve bandwidth aggregation of multiple WAN ports by Speedtest on SMB router

We have a load balance but the load balance is balancing the sessions. Some download tasks are creating a single session when it starts or very few sessions. If that's not balanced and it is not our fault. We balance but there is a mechanism to determine if that needs to be. If you have a better proposal for the load balance mechanism, I'd love to pass it on to the dev team.

If you download and your latency increases, that's also normal. When I download with a router at my house, with TP-Link brand or other gaming brands, I also see a surge in the latency as the download takes full speed and my latency to the web page or other servers increases. If you want to share more details about this, you can reply and include this in the email.

I am gonna create a case for you to escalate it and you will receive an email later on.

Options
2023-08-02 01:26:40

Hi @MrHC1983 

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230802748, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options
Re:ER605 V2_2.1.4_Build 20230727 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on Aug 2nd, 2023)-Solution
2023-08-02 02:14:19 - last edited 2023-08-02 02:15:00

Update as of Aug 2, 2023:

Thank you all for your valuable feedback on the ER605 2.1.4_20230720(Beta)!

Update the Beta firmware of ER605, which now includes the issue fixed that the ER605 V2 as an OpenVPN client failed to make all the Internet traffic be routed through the VPN tunnel.

ER605_V2_2.1.4_Build20230727 (Beta)

Notes:

(1) The above firmware is applied to ER605 V2 and V2.60.

(2) Your device’s configuration won’t be lost after upgrading.

(3) The above firmware is fully adapted to Omada SDN Controller 5.11.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:ER605 V2_2.1.4_Build 20230727 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on Aug 2nd, 2023)
2023-08-02 06:26:30

@Hank21 I'll try this. I just hope the freeze and reboot issue is fixed in this update. I'll give feedback a week from now.

Options