Managing Different "stick" VLans on built in with of the ER605 v2 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-27 11:57:38
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: ER605(UN)_v2_2.1.2 Build20230210

So in the past week i've been struggling with a few settings whilst tryng to run multi vlans from the built in swithc of my er605 v2 omada router/gateway.

I'll explain how i would like to costruct my vlans and my physical setup.

VLan ideal setup:
- Each Vlan is a different segment:

i.e Vlan (id 1) is the dafult LAN from the omada stack (at the moment this is my home devices vlan + mnagament vlan together) - 192.168.1.1/24
i.e Vlan (id 200) will hold my home servers - 10.0.200.1/24
etc..

I've tried connecting each VLAN to a specific interface on the router onboard switch so (nic 1 == vlan 1 // nic 2 == vlan 200 // nic 3 == vlan 100)

The issue -  when I connect a physical server to nic 2 (that has a vlan + dhcp settings accordingly with the segment) it will do one of two things:
1. Does not complete a connection when the server + omada side are configured for a static IP (the server cant reach the gateway = no ping to 10.0.200.1)
2. When the server is set for DHCP it receives an address from outside the range of any known vlan/dhcp segment (192.168.124.xx) somethong like this.

If someone can shed some light on this it would be great as any docs i found on VLAN management / a dedicated mgmt vlan fro the network equipment all specify a omada compatible l2/l3 switch.

My setup:

ISP --> Router(Wan port 1)

Router(Wan/Lan 1) --[Vlan 1]-->(simple poe+ switch) --> OC200 + AP235(Multi SSID)b

Router(Lan2) **not working** --[Vlan 200]-->Server

Thanks to all!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Managing Different "stick" VLans on built in with of the ER605 v2 router
2023-07-28 05:59:57

@Destor 

Hi, just like this?

Topology with EAP225 + ER605 only

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-08-02 07:42:17

@Destor 

Yes exactly like that, and that's what I did - assigned PVID to a specific interface and still any device I connect to that interface wont be assgined a new IP address from the relevant Vlan.

Any thoughts?

Options
2023-08-02 08:10:02

Hi @Destor 

If you want to do that setup, make sure you select the VLAN on the port. WAN/LAN1. Then set the PVID to the port. e.g. WAN/LAN1 PVID = 2000. The connect the server to it and it should work.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-08-03 06:46:33

@Clive_A Hi thanks, I'll come back from work and verify if I worked like you suggested and update!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 770

Replies: 4

Related Articles