VLAN not working for WLANs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-28 23:19:03 - last edited 2024-02-29 03:15:08
Model: TL-SG3210XHP-M2   EAP670  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all

I have an ISP router/modem device that is compeletly bare bones and offers almost no configurability (so not VLAN aware) will the VLAN I setup on my Layer 2+ Switch not work?

The issue I am facing is when I setup a VLAN via the controller will the following details in the screenshot below:

I then assign this VLAN ID to my WLAN:

The VLAN interface is enabled on the switch and all the switch port profiles are set to ALL. When I connect to the "IOT_Devices" network I have no internet connection.

Is there some configuration I am potentially missing ? Or is just due to my ISP router not being VLAN aware? I was under the impression that I could still setup VLANs with an L2+ managed switched I just wouldn't be able to have inter-VLAN communication without a router.

On a side note you might be wondering why I don't replace the ISP router, unfortunately I am with Virigin Media and they don't allow this. Also you might be wondering why I don't just put their useless router into bridge mode well I got their new 5x modem and it currently does not have this feature enabled yet. I also don't have the knowledge to attach a second router to the ISP router and mitigate double NAT issues.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:VLAN not working for WLANs-Solution
2024-02-29 03:09:57 - last edited 2024-02-29 03:15:08

Hi @HomeNetworker

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Please read existing materials on the forum or FAQ.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:VLAN not working for WLANs-Solution
2024-02-29 03:09:57 - last edited 2024-02-29 03:15:08

Hi @HomeNetworker

Please read existing materials on the forum or FAQ.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:VLAN not working for WLANs
2024-02-29 12:36:33
Hi @Clive_A Appreciate the response but unfortunately this does not help me as I am not using an Omada router.
Options
Re:VLAN not working for WLANs
2024-03-01 02:08:17

Hi @HomeNetworker 

HomeNetworker wrote

Hi @Clive_A Appreciate the response but unfortunately this does not help me as I am not using an Omada router.

Then, please read the note part. And the articles for extra references. It has explained what you should do if you are not using an Omada router. What feature you need to make it complete and work.

If you have trouble with those parts, point out what part is confusing to you and what your thoughts are, and let's discuss it after you read and share your thoughts.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 312

Replies: 3

Related Articles