Hard disk needs to reformat every reboot

2024-03-30 05:01:07
Model: VIGI NVR1016H  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 240119 Rel.62360n

Every time the nvr reboots due to power failure or manual reboot from the reboot option from the screen, the hard disk needs to be reformatted as it shows a pop up with beeping noise saying " something wrong with the hard disk drive. Format the hard drive?".

This bug needs to be fixed quickly as all my recordings are missing as I have to format every time it reboots. I have tried 4 hard drives so far, and it's the same needs to format every time after reboot. It's not the hard disk issue it's the nvr firmware issue.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Hard disk needs to reformat every reboot
2024-03-30 05:02:33
Hardware version is 1.2 it did not allow me to select 1.2
Options
2024-04-01 06:02:47 - last edited 2024-04-01 06:03:21

Hi @M1x 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.
Do you keep the original power adapter? Power supply is stable?

You have tried 4 drives now, are they all brand new? Maybe, still a bad drive.

Do a full drive check. Do not use fast mode.

So far, there seems to be only one case which is you reporting this issue now. Please verify what I suggested. They are possible reasons why it does not work properly.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-04-01 06:16:48

@Clive_A 

yes I am using the original power adapter and power supply is stable.

1 used drive and 3 brand new drives from different brands I have tried but still same issue.

the same 4 hard drives I have used on my pc without any issues.

This only happened after the latest firmware update,

the previous firmware there was no problem.

How to downgrade to previous firmware?

thanks

Options
2024-04-11 03:38:34

Hi @M1x 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

M1x wrote

@Clive_A 

yes I am using the original power adapter and power supply is stable.

1 used drive and 3 brand new drives from different brands I have tried but still same issue.

the same 4 hard drives I have used on my pc without any issues.

This only happened after the latest firmware update,

the previous firmware there was no problem.

How to downgrade to previous firmware?

thanks

Downgrading the firmware is the same process as the upgrade.

Do you fix this by downgrading? Let me know and I'll see what I can do for you.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-04-11 08:18:34 - last edited 2024-04-11 08:22:16

@Clive_A 

can't downgrade to previous firmware

" unable to load the file. Make sure the firmware file is correct and the network is connected, then try again."

yes I have downloaded the correct firmware file.

all the previous firmwares are giving error while downgrading. Only the current firmware is able to install.

Options