'Bug' with HS100 smart plug and Google Home device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-12 18:51:24
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am currently controlling two HS100 smart plugs (UK version) via Google Home device. The firmware for the plugs is the latest one (1.1.3).

The 'bug' I have discovered is as follows.

If I do not have any timed events scheduled for my plugs via the Kasa android app, the plugs respond quickly and reliably to commands given to the Google Home device (i.e. turn them off and on). I have not had a failure when using this setup.

If I schedule a timed event for my plugs via the Kasa android app (e.g. setting to turn on plug 1 @ 20:30 and plug 2 @ sunset) then the Google Home device cannot reliably turn the plugs on or off. Sometimes, one plug switches on OK and the other one fails to respond, at other times the fault is reversed between the plugs. Sometimes both plugs fail to respond at all and Google Home states that there was an error trying to control the plugs. Eventually the plugs will respond as expected after multiple failed attempts.

Not sure if this is an issue with the Google/Kasa service or with the firmware of the plugs.

Any thoughts?

Best regards,

Tony
Options
3 Reply
Re:'Bug' with HS100 smart plug and Google Home device
2017-09-14 13:50:11
Sounds strange. Do you have any other smart devices other than the TP-LINK ones? When the TP-LINK plug falied to respond to the Google Home, how about the other devices? Or if you remove the schedule from KASA app when problem happens, can the plug back to respond quickyly?

If anyone have similar issue with Google Home?
Options
2017-09-14 16:39:27

Kevin SG wrote

Sounds strange. Do you have any other smart devices other than the TP-LINK ones? When the TP-LINK plug falied to respond to the Google Home, how about the other devices? Or if you remove the schedule from KASA app when problem happens, can the plug back to respond quickyly?

If anyone have similar issue with Google Home?

I have no other smart devices yet but hoping to add some more soon :).

Yes, if I remove the schedule via the Kasa app, then the plugs respond quickly again.
Options
2017-09-15 13:59:51
What if you tap the plug on the Kasa app to turn it off and on? Would it respond immediately? If yes, the issue might be with the Google Home
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 953

Replies: 3

Related Articles