TL WA 855 RE Maximum connected clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-25 23:31:36
Model : TL WA 855 RE

Hardware Version : TL-WA855RE v2.0

Firmware Version : 1.0.0 Build 20170217 Rel. 33145

ISP :

Hi

i ve bought a TL WA 855 RE in order to extend my network in my business but when i m trying to connect more than 5 clients at the same time i can't (i want to connect 10 android tablets to be more exact). Is there a limitation? If so is there a way i can increase it somehow?

Thanks

Athan
Options
12 Reply
Re:TL WA 855 RE Maximum connected clients
2017-10-26 09:54:31
extender should not just limited to 5, better check whether is there is special settings or filtering on the main wifi network or whether it is over loaded
Options
2017-10-26 23:05:19
thanks for the reply.
i managed to connect up to 8 clients. is this the maximum clients limit? is there a way to connect more than 8?
what if upgrade the firmware to v3? will this help?
Options
2017-10-27 10:36:04
The maximum number of concurrent clients which extenders can handle is mainly restricted to router hardware and network environment.
For the extender,, the recommended value is 1~15.However,The specific number depends on your traffic load and the bandwidth given by your ISP. For example, if some clients in your network are doing uTorrent/P2P downloading or watching online video, most of the bandwidth and system resources will be occupied, then only a few clients can enjoy the network; but if all the clients just do ordinary web browsing, then the router can handle much more clients simultaneously with good network performance.
The firmware update only within the same hardware, V2 cannot upgrade to V3
Options
2017-10-27 21:19:02

Kevin SG wrote

The maximum number of concurrent clients which extenders can handle is mainly restricted to router hardware and network environment.
For the extender,, the recommended value is 1~15.However,The specific number depends on your traffic load and the bandwidth given by your ISP. For example, if some clients in your network are doing uTorrent/P2P downloading or watching online video, most of the bandwidth and system resources will be occupied, then only a few clients can enjoy the network; but if all the clients just do ordinary web browsing, then the router can handle much more clients simultaneously with good network performance.
The firmware update only within the same hardware, V2 cannot upgrade to V3

Thanks for your answer.
What i ve tried so far are the following steps:
1. reset the password on my rooter so to release any current wifi connections connect
2. set maximum wifi connections on my main rooter to 32.
3. connect the 10 Android tablets i ve got on my rooter wifi succesfully.
4. try to connect the 10 Android tablets on the TP Link extender ( TL-WA855RE v2.0) one by one and only 8 succesfully connected. By connected i mean not downloading, not doing anything, just be connected on the wifi extender (internet works great).
The maximum tablets can be connected at the same time are restricted to 8.
5. If i connect my iphone to the wifi extender then only 7 android tablets can be connected. The remain 3 are keep trying to connect...

Any ideas?

Options
2017-10-30 18:27:12
When you connect 8 tablets to the extender, are there any tablets downloading or streaming?
If there are some devices downloading, that will decrease the maximum clients the RE can handle.
If they are just do some browsing, you' d better contact tp-link support and let them to do some analysis.
support email: support@tp-link.com
Options
I'm experiencing the same type of thing as well
2018-02-21 00:25:28
I'm having the same behavior as well... I have 2 laptops, 5 iDevices switches, 2 android tablets, and 4 iphones and 4 media devices that I need to connect wirelessly... I have 2 of the TP-Link Extenders in different rooms, wired, with static IPs... There is some inconsistency in which devices are able to be connected at the same time, and it seem random. My gut tells me it's hitting a "max connections" type of scenario, but I would think that 2 extenders should be able to handle this number of connections, so long as there is logic to tell devices that connect to Extender1 when 2 is busy, and vice versa (be it client side or Extender side). Both extenders are broadcasting the same SSID, and have a small amount of coverage overlap. Does anyone have any more info on this?
Options
2019-02-02 14:10:45

I've WA850RE, and I've also hit the 8 clients limit when making my home smart and adding more and more smart light bulbs.

It realy sucks.

Options
2020-02-04 19:10:39

Same issue here as well, had I known I would have not bought this product. I'm really disappointed. 

Options
2020-02-05 13:52:29

@Pitel 

sorry for the inconvenience caused here.

Considering the TL-WA850RE is a single band extender, to ensure its performance, it limits the number of connected devices it can handle. If you have more devices, you can order a stronger unit, like the dual band extender, RE450, RE650

Good day.

Options
2020-02-05 13:52:57
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4803

Replies: 12

Related Articles