No remote access to HS110

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-27 13:38:25
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello and sorry for my bad english... :)

I have a HS110 Smart Plug and can´t access from outer Wifi. My Equipment ist a Fritzbox 7490 (no Wifi, because it is in the basement) and a https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B002YETVXC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1TP-Link TL-WA901ND Wireless Accesspoint with Wifi On. I work with static IP adresses on my Fritzbox and the Wireless Accesspoint has DHCP for a small range of devices (e.g. my raspberry pi, I don´t have the time and knowledge for now to set them up for static IP).

I can easily start the Smart Plug with my Kasa App. It will work fine, but only in Wifi at local home. When I will push the button for remote access it tells me in german language.... "It is not in an active internet network".
I can see the Smart Plug in my Fritzbox network list and I think in the wireless Accesspoint too (not in the DHCP list of the wifi a.point).

What can I try to get access from outer home? I will use the smart plugs (when they will work) to control my astro observatory remotly.

Thanks and bye, Vigo
Options
3 Reply
Re:No remote access to HS110
2017-10-27 16:45:53
The HS100 itself cannot set static IP, need to get IP address directly from the wifi network. Does the Fritzbox 7490 has DHCP function?
When you try to turn on the remote control on the kasa app, make sure the phone and HS100 both connect to the access point wifi
If still not work, suggest to turn off the DHCP on the access point and all the devices get IP directly from the
Fritzbox 7490
Options
2017-10-27 20:08:41
When I turn off the DHCP on the access point, the Fritzbox don´t give an IP adress to the smart plug. Because I turned the Wifi from the Fritzbox off, its in the basement and out of range.
The Smartphone is with an stativc IP on the Wifi Accesspoint, but I can´t find out the IP adress from the smart plug. It still works and I can see it on the accesspoint and fritzbox network list, but without an IP adress :(
Options
2017-10-30 14:58:37
What static IP is set on the smart phone?
If you change the IP of your smart phone to dynamic IP, can the smart phone still get internet?
If no, which means the smart plug can also can't work under this network.

An Access point can be a DHCP server in a network, otherwise the internet will have some issue.
It is better to use the DHCP server on the router and disable the DHCP server on the access point. By the way, turn off wifi on the router will not disable DHCP server function of the router.

Y
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1085

Replies: 3

Related Articles