Powerline wireless security - How to configure?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-15 18:52:03
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a simple working powerline wireless setup. TL-PA4010 connected to a TL-WPA4220. I want to set up the security so that I can add ip/mac filtering, timed access etc. I installed the tpl powerline utility on my windows laptop but I found it to be very basic with no wireless security options. So I would like to know do powerline systems not have the functions I am seeking?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Powerline wireless security - How to configure?
2017-12-19 16:08:15
yep, but you can set them in your router, it will work.
Options
2017-12-20 18:30:47
Are you sure about that? The security settings of my router will only apply to the wireless network it provides. The powerline network is connected to my router via LAN so anything connected to that network will not be managed wirelessly by my router.
Options
2017-12-21 09:55:47
My router is connected to the powerline network via ethernet cable so I won't be able to use it's wireless security options or are you saying that this can be done?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 532

Replies: 3

Related Articles