Archer VR900 with BT Ultrafast

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-12 14:36:29
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have been happily running an Archer VR900 router on a BT infinity connection for a while and recently upgraded my broadband to BT's Ultrafast service. My modem router no longer works as I suspect its incompatible with the G.fast connection. Is there any way I can get my VR900 to work with the g.fast connection?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer VR900 with BT Ultrafast
2018-02-22 02:52:26
Not sure but I have VR900v2 on Talk Talk , I get 76 down and 19 up on an 80/20 line . they call it Fibre to the Cabinet on Talk Talk , same phone line as normal ADSL they call it VDSL 2 ,
simply changed over , no extra wiring or visit by BT engineer to connect .

I assume you need to play with your settings to get it to link , have you tried a Factory reset on the VR and then use Auto connect / Easy connect ( cant remember what its called ) but when you
connect to phone line after a Factory reset it will ask if you want it to connect automatically and it should do all the geeky stuff for you with no hassles.

If you have fibre to the house you can use the WAN port on back to connect the LAN cable to or you can use the BT modem and connect VR to it , so the BT modem gets you the connection but
you can use the VR for the faster wireless link speeds.

Pretty sure that VR does do G.Fast though .
Options
Re:Archer VR900 with BT Ultrafast
2019-04-26 12:47:17 - last edited 2019-04-26 12:48:24

Hi there,

New here on the TP-Link forums - I upgraded to Ultrafast today and I have had the same issue - my Archer v900 v2 (which I only bought a few months ago to replace my old BT Home Hub 4) flatly refused to see a link after the engineer swapped out the old Socket 5c faceplate for the new Socket 5c G.fast faceplate, so he set up the BT Smart Hub 2 they posted to me instead which connected right away. He told me it's probably down to the way the new G.fast standard uses a different frequency range to operate - so I don't know if TP-Link can fix this with a simple firmware update (assuming the Broadcom chip onboard can support the new signalling standard) or whether G.fast basically reduced the V900 to an expensive paperweight... :(

Options
Re:Re:Archer VR900 with BT Ultrafast
2019-04-28 07:42:04

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused here.

The Archer VR900 does not support G.fast yet, that is why it stops working after you upgraded it. 

While we have reminded our R&D colleagues so that they can work on it and evaluate the feasibility.

Good day. 

CRF wrote

Hi there,

New here on the TP-Link forums - I upgraded to Ultrafast today and I have had the same issue - my Archer v900 v2 (which I only bought a few months ago to replace my old BT Home Hub 4) flatly refused to see a link after the engineer swapped out the old Socket 5c faceplate for the new Socket 5c G.fast faceplate, so he set up the BT Smart Hub 2 they posted to me instead which connected right away. He told me it's probably down to the way the new G.fast standard uses a different frequency range to operate - so I don't know if TP-Link can fix this with a simple firmware update (assuming the Broadcom chip onboard can support the new signalling standard) or whether G.fast basically reduced the V900 to an expensive paperweight... :(

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1355

Replies: 3