Deco M5 unit dead overnight

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-13 21:52:22
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Dear Support-Team,

this morning I realized that my master Deco M5 unit obviously died overnight. All slave units are showing a red blinking light whereas the LED of the master unit is not lit at all. I tried to power cycle the unit with no success. No life comes into the unit. I have also checked it's power supply on another working unit and the power supply is fine.

Any suggestions?
Is the unit dead? Is there any reset procedure that I might try?

Thanks!
Options
15 Reply
Re:Deco M5 unit dead overnight
2018-03-14 16:21:35
There is a reset hole underneath the deco, you can simply press it once to reset it. But I don't think that would make a difference. Did you have power outage? If the unit just died for no reason, you can contact the shop to replace it or contact tplink support.
Options
2018-03-18 06:48:16
Hi, Got the same issue here. Suddenly the gateway unit stopped working. If I unplug the power for a couple of minutes then plug it back in the LED glows yellow for a while then turns to red flashing before finally it goes out completely. Tried swapping the psi with another one and same thing happened.

Did a reset and it got as far as testing the connecting, etc - then when it got to optimising the network it failed.
Options
2018-03-19 21:32:47

ncudmore wrote

Hi, Got the same issue here. Suddenly the gateway unit stopped working. If I unplug the power for a couple of minutes then plug it back in the LED glows yellow for a while then turns to red flashing before finally it goes out completely. Tried swapping the psi with another one and same thing happened.

Did a reset and it got as far as testing the connecting, etc - then when it got to optimising the network it failed.
is your modem still working? it is better to contact tp-link support for help.
Options
2021-03-10 20:17:39

@careyer Same here.... no light.... tried everything, just died.... can't get through to tech support on chat or phone...

Options
2021-03-11 01:24:52

@JohnSharkey 

Hi, How long have you had the Deco unit and when did this issue start?

Was there any power outage recently?

By the way, did all your Deco units have no power or just one of them?

Did you also try to swap the power adapter?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-03-11 10:21:43

@TP-Link it happened trying to set them up, right after purchase. All went dead, 2 came back with a reset, and 1 of the three in the pack won't come back to life. During setup it did ask if I wanted to update the firmware and I mistakenly said yes, so I wonder if they got into a weird state. 

Options
2021-03-11 10:22:36

@JohnSharkey is there any way I can reach support either on a call or chat or email? When I use the website there is never a response.

Options
2021-03-11 12:01:53

@JohnSharkey 

Hi, yes, the local support email for UK is support.uk@tp-link.com;

And the support hotlink is confirmed working as well: 

0345 147 0017
Fee:*Call from a UK landline costs up to 9p/min.
*Call from a UK mobile phone costs 3p to 55p/min.
*You may get free calls as part of your call package. Please check with your phone provider for the actual cost.
E-mail:support.uk@tp-link.com
Service Time:24 hours a day, 7 days a week

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support 

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-05-31 00:23:31

@careyer same issue with mine. How did you resolve yours?

Options
2021-05-31 09:12:57

@DaleAbella I returned them 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4680

Replies: 15