TP-Link never release firmware for there products?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-18 19:10:52
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, so i'm a bit confused here. Nearly every single modem or router I look at from TP-Link still has the initial firmware, no updates, big fixes or new features.
Is this just an issue with the website no displaying it and the actual router will download newer firmware within the GUI? Or do TP-Link simply not bother?
Every other network company have at least 10 firmware updates that actually show they are improving the product.
Options
5 Reply
Re:TP-Link never release firmware for there products?
2018-03-19 04:19:42
Well you may have hit the nail directly on the head , lol.

If you go look at some of my postings , I have tried to get an update on the VR900v2 for a few months , questioning www.tp-link.com support will get you better answers ;)

Some routers do get updates , there was one for mine straight after I bought it , as the original was out of date from " Out of the Box " , it is just not very clear , but I do
agree with you they do seem to be very lapse at releasing updates , unlike many other manufacturers , so either TP-Link are superb at releasing a firmware update
that covers all issues immediately from new / first few months , or they do not follow up after taking £150 from you for a modem/router ?

I cannot complain as my VR900v2 has been superb , apart from not showing hardly any " Line Stats " which I was surprised by from such a top quality router
most manufacturers allow viewing of these to fault find when line issues appear , however it has been rock solid after I got my drop line changed by BT.

It just didn't help not being able to see these to argue with BT how bad my line had suddenly become , having these would have made it so easy.

I was so impressed by this reliability , I went out and got 2 x AP500 ( £100 each ) access points as well to add to my network .
Options
2019-12-28 21:39:49

My router firmware is almost 2 years old... 

Options
2020-02-06 15:20:07
It seems they do not care about Improving their Products, as the Firmware for their only SuperVectoring Router/Modem is 2 years old.
Options
2020-02-08 16:02:56

@UKGeeky11 
They don't need to as they get it perfect first time :)

I had a minor issue in that network neighbourhood only works with SMB1 which people advise to disable, was told they would tell the engineers and to look out for new firmware but nothing happened.

Had a more serious issue with the WiFi dropping out and having to physically power cycle to get it going again.  Sent 1 router back and got replacement and after a while the same happened to the replacement. Decided I would try the beta Australian firmware and it's been stable for 12 days now.  Australia also got a new release firmware for VR600 too recently late last year but no word for EU.

Options
2020-10-17 22:16:30

@UKGeeky11 Still waiting in 2020 to fix their password vulnerbility ... Last time I'm buying a tp link router I can tell you that much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1252

Replies: 5

Related Articles