VR2600 on Talktalk Fibre large, XBOX multiplayer problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-30 00:52:46
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have just purchased a VR2600 which works really well for everyone but my son. He has an Xbox One S and can't get onto multiplayer games. Xbox shows it's on strict NAT or unrecognized with Teredo error depending on my settings.

I have assigned the Xbox a static IP of 192.168.1.101 and opened all the relevant ports (UDP 53,88,500,3074,3544,4500 and TCP 53,80,3074), It's in the DMZ and I've tried UPnP on and off. DNS is now set to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I don't know a great deal about networking so I'm now lost and pulling my grey hair out. I've reset the router, done hard resets of the Xbox and cleared MAC addresses etc but the only thing that brings back mutiplayer support is reconnecting the Talktalk supplied HG633 router.

Unfortunately Talktalk are still on IPv4 and judging by the 4 years of asking and not getting a single reply, they have no intention of supporting IPv6 before Armageddon. Is there anything I'm missing, any work around or do I just return the router and stick with Talktalk's abysmal HG633 which drops every hour but allows the Xbox to work as it should?

Talktalk have said they'll try to help but they have no knowledge of this router, don't support it officially and so I thought it was best to ask here first.
Options
3 Reply
Re:VR2600 on Talktalk Fibre large, XBOX multiplayer problems
2018-03-30 14:20:49
what is the internet ip address of VR2600? check it under web uit--advanced----status--ip address.
if it is a private ip address, you need to setup a DMZ host for this internet ip address on your modem. or you can turn your modem to bridge.
If it is public one, i have no idea. contact tp-link support for further help.
Options
Problem solved
2018-04-04 01:01:43
I may not have the perfect setup but after yet again applying IPv6 tunnelling and them finally getting the router to accept bandwidth limits all the Xbox problems are solved. I believe PS4 multiplayer has same issues which most probably can be solved the same way.So final setup on Talktalk (due to no IPv6) wasAssigning static ip for XboxOpening the relevant portsPutting the Xbox in the DMZUsing IPv6 tunnellingSetting bandwidth limits.If others need help I'm more than happy to share more details.
Options
Setting bandwidth limits
2018-05-29 22:07:38

liamf12 wrote

I may not have the perfect setup but after yet again applying IPv6 tunnelling and them finally getting the router to accept bandwidth limits all the Xbox problems are solved. I believe PS4 multiplayer has same issues which most probably can be solved the same way.So final setup on Talktalk (due to no IPv6) wasAssigning static ip for XboxOpening the relevant portsPutting the Xbox in the DMZUsing IPv6 tunnellingSetting bandwidth limits.If others need help I'm more than happy to share more details.
Hi, I'm having the same problem as you were and wondered if you would be able to shed some light on setting bandwidth limits? Also do you need to set up port forwards if the Xbox is already in the DMZ?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 534

Replies: 3

Related Articles