TP-LInk Wi-Fi on iPhone and other Apple devices losing Internet connectivity.

TP-LInk Wi-Fi on iPhone and other Apple devices losing Internet connectivity.

42 Reply
Re:TP-LInk Wi-Fi on iPhone and other Apple devices losing Internet connectivity.
2021-11-05 16:36:43

@dmaksymec 

Interesting... I have a TP-Link router and a few TP-Link access points. I also have a D-Link and a Netgear access point.

With the D-Link, I have Dell computers and Android devices that complain about being connected but not having Internet while Apple devices (MacBook and MBPro, iPhones) thrive. Speedtests on Android look like roller costers.

With TP-Link, I get solid performance on most device, except Apple products which are often giving out less than stellar results.

I will set up one for each camp.

YMMV...

Options
Re:TP-LInk Wi-Fi on iPhone and other Apple devices losing Internet connectivity.
2022-03-19 02:32:10

@dmaksymec 

My older brother is having problems with his iOS devices with my family's new TP-Link Archer AX11000 so he added back the Google Nest Wifi Router to improve his connection. The downside is that I am having reduced Internet speeds.

Options
2022-06-11 12:02:47

@atsang4279 

I have the same brand new router and I'm having the same issue...

Options
2022-06-14 14:07:40

I was having that issues with Archer C6. After checking with my ISP countless ways to repair it, they have switched my router to Archer AX1500. After five months without issues it is happening again and my iPhone loses connection every 5 minutes. It is impossible to use the Internet at home.

Options
2022-06-15 11:24:23

Hello @Bartush93  @Leon5  @atsang4279 

Thank you for following up on the TP-Link Community forum.

For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. Are all iOS devices losing connection from the TP-Link router? How about other laptops and Android devices, are they connected fine?

2. Which band do the iOS devices connected to, 2.4G or 5G?

3. When did they lose the connection? Did they drop the connection when the phones were locked and then unlocked? Or they just lose the connection when you are using it?

4. What are the wireless settings on the TP-Link router, which channel, and what security? We suggest running a Wi-Fi analyzer to review the channels around you, then choose one with less interference to monitor.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-06-20 07:47:12

Hello @Kevin_Z !

1. Are all iOS devices losing connection from the TP-Link router? How about other laptops and Android devices, are they connected fine?

Yup, me and my wife are having connection issues with our iPhones, same was with the iPad. MacOS laptops are working ok-ish, because sometimes we've got the DNS warn in Chrome, but after first page refresh it starts to work. Other devices (LG TV, XSX, PS5) are connected by wire and I haven't observed anything wrong yet. But in January we had some issues with TV internet connection ONLY when watching something on Apple TV.

2. Which band do the iOS devices connected to, 2.4G or 5G?

5G

3. When did they lose the connection? Did they drop the connection when the phones were locked and then unlocked? Or they just lose the connection when you are using it?

Mainly when they were locked, then unlocked and I will open Safari browser. I can also browse Reddit through the app, everything works fine, then switch to Safari and immediately it drops connection. Sometimes there are also issues in apps when they no longer download images. Today I had an issue with Weather system app in iPhone cause it stopped refreshing weather - after switching to LTE connection it started working flawlessly again. 

4. What are the wireless settings on the TP-Link router, which channel, and what security? We suggest running a Wi-Fi analyzer to review the channels around you, then choose one with less interference to monitor.

WIFI settings for 2.4GHz and 5GHz:

• Security: WPA/WPA2-Personal

• Version: WPA2-PSK

• Encryption: AES

• Transmit Power: High

• Channel Width: Auto

• Channel: Auto

• Mode: 802.11b/g/n mixed for 2.4GHz and 802.11a/n/ac/ax mixed for 5GHz

What is really strange for me it's that was working without issues for nearly 5 months and now the issues are back.

I will try to run the analyzer app and change some configs.

Options
2022-06-21 06:31:12

@Bartush93 

Regarding the iOS devices losing connection when they got locked then unlocked, I do see similar feedback on the Apple community years ago, you can check some helpful suggestions provided by Apple users below:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250285673

I also find a YouTube video for your reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4T_boel-5g

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-07-26 20:55:42

@Kevin_Z 

Unfortunately - nothing of that helps. It becomes even worse cause not only iOS devices had issues but also Macbooks started to lose connection and reports the DNS errors on redirects. I've even switched from AX1500 to AX3000 cause I thought that maybe router is an issue here. After few hours of working the nightmare is back. I don't know where to look for the issue.

Options
2022-07-27 08:02:13

@Bartush93 

Are you saying you have replaced the Archer AX1500 with another AX3000 but the issue becomes even worse? Is the new model Archer AX3000 or Archer AX55? Please check and update the router firmware to the latest official version, then monitor the connectivity.

Can I also know the iOS version of your iPhone and iPad? Are they all up-to-date? 

What are the wireless settings on the AX3000 now? Have you tried to modify the channel, channel width, or security settings? If not yet, please give it a go and then confirm.

Options
2022-07-28 19:05:04

I have the same issue on my Archer AX1500. On most devices it works fine, however some features on iOS don't work correctly. Such as the new iOS 16 "iPhone Camera Continuity" feature where the iPhone's camera can be used a webcam on MacOS in Facetime and the like. On other networks I've tried it works perfectly fine, but on my own TP-Link network it doesn't work at all and respond with a "no response from network" message.

Options