Cannot connect to the Wireless Network from my acer laptop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-11-04 20:46:27
Region : India

Model : TD-W8901G

Hardware Version : V6

Firmware Version : 6.0.0 Build 120418 Rel.34102

ISP :

Hi,

I am seeking help from someone here who can help fix the wireless modem router issue. Everytime, I turn on the ADSL2+ wireless modem router, it connects to the internet and my laptop gets paired with the wireless network but after 30 mins time, wireless ADSL2+ router restarts itself and goins in a loop for nearly 5 times and then it gets connected to internet but then I cannot connect my laptop to the the router using wireless with error DHCP failed to assign IP but DHCP is enabled in the router.
This has started since a month and I had tried several network change settings but nothing has given me a solution. I do use Kaspersky IS through which the connection flows in. My internet setting is set to use Automatic DNS discovery and most time, I get RC 102 DHCP error.

Your suggestion is highly appreciated to fix the router issue..

Thanks..
Options
5 Reply
Re:Cannot connect to the Wireless Network from my acer laptop
2012-11-05 14:26:51
It restarts itself? Did you ever try a different wall socket or power adatper?
Just reset to factory default settings. If the same, probably, it is faulty.
Options
2012-11-05 20:54:59
Maybe there are some devices like the microwave oven, wireless phone, etc. or other APs causing interference to the wireless. Try to change the wireless channel to 1/6/11.
Options
2012-11-05 23:10:27
tried and exhausted with all troubleshooting steps. Looking for some advance steps???? can any one help ??
Options
2012-11-06 16:59:52
Restarting itself... Seems like it does not concerned much with the settings. I thought there may be something wrong with the modem itself.
Options
2019-09-29 06:31:42

@shamisat 

Any specific symptom about the auto-reboot issue? Like the light status. 

Have you ever tried to remove the network profile and reconnect them to the TP-Link wifi? Below is the instruction, here take Windows 10 as example. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/918/

Besides, please ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

When and where did you buy this DSL modem router? 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1165

Replies: 5