Failed to connect the manually entered APN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-11-10 02:19:53
Region : Hongkong

Model : TL-MR3220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.14.2 Build 120822 Rel.57775n

ISP : 123

In order to use public IP provided by the ISP, I have to enter the specific APN.
It's however no matter what I type in the field of the APN, the router is still connected to the default APN settings from ISP.

I have tried typed wrong string in the field of APN, the router is still connected to the default APN successfully.
So it's obviously ignored my manually entered APN setting.

Anyone here can help?

Thank in advance
Options
6 Reply
Re:Failed to connect the manually entered APN
2012-11-10 16:45:19
How did you check that the router is still connected with the default APN?
Options
2012-11-12 10:38:59
If I am able to connect the manually entered APN, I will get the real IP instead of virtual IP.
It can be done when I insert my USB dongle directly to PC.

Also, it is impossible that for the router to get the same virtual IP when I intentionally enter a wrong APN, dial number, username and password.
Options
2012-11-12 15:19:22
Confused about real IP and virtual IP you mentioned. All I know it that some ISP information can be detected automatically. If you put in your information manually and it should be all correct, what's the difference? :confused::confused:
Options
2012-11-12 15:27:30
Many ISP provides virtual IP, like 10.x.x.x, to their clients. It's fine for general internet usage.
It's however the internal network cannot be accessed from outside with virtual IP. That's why I have to apply real IP for my network camera, NAS and web server purposes.

It's further be explained from the manufacturer FAQ: http://www.tp-link.com/us/article/?faqid=300

Ada wrote

Confused about real IP and virtual IP you mentioned. All I know it that some ISP information can be detected automatically. If you put in your information manually and it should be all correct, what's the difference? :confused::confused:
Options
2012-11-13 10:52:10
You were talking about private IP and public IP. Got it now. Thank you! ^_^
It won't work with those solutions in the FAQ? I thought it was an ISP issue.
When the modem is directly plugged into your PC, what kinds of IP address to access internet?
Options
2012-11-14 00:25:15
Hello Ada :)
When I tried to use the USB modem directly on my PC, true IP (11x.x.x.x) is obtained and my web server is accessible from internet.
So I am quite sure it's the problem of the router, instead the issue of ISP.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1029

Replies: 6