Deco app feature request: allow mac address to be entered manually when creating address reservation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco app feature request: allow mac address to be entered manually when creating address reservation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-26 12:23:59 - last edited 2020-09-01 03:21:46
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Currently in the Deco app > Advanced > Address reservation > Create you can only select an existing device to create an address reservation.

Up to a point, this works well - but in my case I have a desktop PC that's connected (via EtherNet) to a TP-Link RE450 Wireless Extender (that's extending the Deco network into my office) and the deco app is getting the Mac address of the RE450 and not my PC.

Hopefully I can work around this by briefly moving my PC so that I can connect it directly to a Deco, putting the IP reservation in place, then moving it back to the RE450 - but it would be a whole lot easier if there was an option to manually input the Mac address when creating a new address reservation, just like you can do with the web interface for other TP Link devices such as the Archer VR600.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco app feature request: allow mac address to be entered manually when creating address reservation-Solution
2019-09-27 01:28:07 - last edited 2020-09-01 03:21:46

@moloko 

Thanks for your suggestion, we have noted that and will keep an eye on the similar feedback. 

Then we will remind related department with the data collected and they can work on it and evaluate the feasibility.

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco app feature request: allow mac address to be entered manually when creating address reservation-Solution
2019-09-27 01:28:07 - last edited 2020-09-01 03:21:46

@moloko 

Thanks for your suggestion, we have noted that and will keep an eye on the similar feedback. 

Then we will remind related department with the data collected and they can work on it and evaluate the feasibility.

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco app feature request: allow mac address to be entered manually when creating address reservation
2021-02-01 00:45:33

@moloko 

I got DecoM9 Plus (3 pack) and it's a great set.

I have 3cx system  ( only configurable as Static IP) and there should be a way (aka feature) to enter the IP address manually

I could install Asus router and move Deco to AP mode and shall lose some good features. Any suggestion ?

Thanks

Options
Re:Deco app feature request: allow mac address to be entered manually when creating address reservation
2021-11-02 14:22:54
Hi Kevin, How can I help get the suggestion going? Do you guys have a feature request channel?
Options
2021-11-03 06:44:06

@Bumgore 

Hi, yes.

Please go to Deco APP>Overview>three lines on the top left>help>contact us>suggestions.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1067

Replies: 4