How to Get Started with the TP-Link Community
Welcome to TP-Link Home Network Community!
To make it easier for you to get started with the Home Network community, please read this guide for some help. It will show you to know how this community works.
Let’s check the structure of the Home Network Community. It’s not hard to find that besides the Home Page, there are four blocks in the community: Forums, Stories, Knowledge Base, User Center.
- Whole Home WI-FI
- WI-FI Routers
- Smart Home
- Network Expansion
- Feedback and Announcements
Suggestions for posting in the Forums:
1. Before creating new topics and new threads, be sure to use the SEARCH, the Knowledge Base section. Perhaps what you want to ask has already been discussed on the forum. This way you will save valuable time for yourself and others.
2. For different products, please post your question on the corresponding board.
3. Try to write correctly. Check written messages before sending them.
4. Clearly formulate the subject of the thread according to your question. For example, "Getting slow speed when using Router as an extender". Threads like "Help, nothing works !!!" might be ignored or removed.
5. When writing a message, avoid excessive quotation. This makes the message difficult to read and unnecessarily loads the topic.
6. Do not duplicate your requests or questions to the forum and to the technical support mail. This creates an additional burden on specialists. Choose the format in which it is more convenient for you to conduct a conversation: on the forum, by mail, or by calling the hotline. In case of detecting the fact of duplicate requests, the moderator will close / delete your topic.
7. Forum is not a means of instant replies to messages. If you need a prompt response from technical support to your question, use e-mail (response within a working day), or call the hotline.
Visit TP-Link Community Forum Guidelines to know more details.
Questions that do not belong to any other boards can go to General Discussion.
Suggestions or Feature Request for TP-Link products, go to Feature Request.
We hope community members can share their own stories about TP-Link products here. What’s your network plan? Which product you have chosen? And how did you install your devices? Or it can be anything you want to share with people about the case of using the TP-Link products.
This is the place where we can share the skills, knowledge, and experience to help others. The stories will be published after being checked by the Administrator.
3. Knowledge Base
- Q & A
We will publish all kinds of articles on the Knowledge Base regularly. Besides, some latest information about products or technology, firmware release notes, even the installation videos can also be found here.
4. User Center
User Center is where you can check and edit your own information, like the Basic Info, My Posts, My Follows, and so on.
Read more here:
If you want to bind your original TP-Link Forum account to the new community, visit: How to bind your original account to new TP-Link Community.