HS200 light not turning off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-19 04:22:31

I installed my HS200 today and outside the limited room to stuff the wiring in the box, everything seemed to go fine.  Had two black wires, white neutral and copper ground.  One posted up It connected easily to my Google home network and responds to commands or physical button push.  However the problem is the light hooked up to the switch is only half as bright as normal and when "turned off" it is still on, just at a dimmer level compared to when it is "on".   Ideas?

Options
2 Reply
Re:HS200 light not turning off
2018-12-19 08:42:26

Weird.

What kind of light is that? What's the brand or model?

The best way to verify whether it's the settings on hs200 is to install it somewhere else and control another light.

Options
Re:HS200 light not turning off
2018-12-19 15:56:59

Sounds like a wiring problem, that the black wires aren't what you expected.  You might try tracing them back to confirm one really is line in and the other goes direct to the fixture. It could also be a problem with the neutral from the fixture.

AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2003

Replies: 2

Related Articles