wi-fi extenders with different ssid for ethernet connections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-17 09:33:07

Hi

I have 2 wi-fi extenders tl wpa 4220 that have computers plugged into etherent ports, both are set to same ssid.

My router is set to a different ssid and is connected to a tl pa4010.

The router and one wi-fi are upstairs and the other wi-fi is downstairs.

The computer upstairs shows the router ssid and the other shows the wi-fi extenders ssid when connected.

This means I have to change one or the other computers to wi-fi and the other ssid so that I can share files between the 2.

I dont want to change the ssid of the router because its wi fi reach is not good and my mobiles and tablets lock onto it upstairs

and needs a physical shut down to reste to the better signal of the wi-fi extenders.

Can I alter which ssid the ethernet links pick up or do I have to grin and bear it.

thanks for reading this

Roger

Options
1 Reply
Re:wi-fi extenders with different ssid for ethernet connections
2019-01-18 08:34:33

Hi Roger,

Even if one computer connects to the router SSID, the other computer connects to the tplink extender SSID, they should be able to communicate and share files because they are in the same LAN network technically speaking.

All in all, you can change the tplink extender SSID same as your router SSID. That will boost the router SSID signal.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 704

Replies: 1