Question for TL-PA4020P pair 2 port usage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-25 11:48:28

Hey guys, 

could someone be kind enough to help me with an issue with TL-PA4020P. I currently use one port connect my modem/router special bridged lan port, to my STB so I can watch tv. My problem occurs when I try to connect another lan port to provide internet access to my desktop pc which is near the plc, from the second port. After a couple of minutes the router stop working properly and I have no access. 

configuration:

modem router lan port 4 (special - bridged) -> PLC port1 = PLC port1 -> STB TV

modem router lan port 1 -> PLC port2 = PLC port2 -> Desktop pc

Do i need a second pair or an extra PLC ?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Question for TL-PA4020P pair 2 port usage
2019-01-29 10:46:49

Hi,

For your case, on the PLC which connected to your modem, you can't connect the 2 ports to the modem at the same time, in that case, the network is a cycle between the modem and the PLC, so that the internet is down.

You can connect your computer to the 2nd PLC directly to check whether you have internet access, if not, which means the modem's port 4 can't provide internet, only provide TV signal, so you need a new pair.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 750

Replies: 1