Remote access to my tp link mr200 4g LTE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-25 21:41:40 - last edited 2019-03-04 05:54:55

Hello,

I would like to have remote access to the control panel of my MR200 router. I know that the sim card into my router does not allow me to access because of its private ip. Anyway, is there a way to do that? My purpose is just to have the possibility to remotely reboot the router... thanks.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Remote access to my tp link mr200 4g LTE
2019-02-26 03:06:02 - last edited 2019-03-04 05:54:55

There is a function Remote Management for us to access the router remotely, but we need make sure the router's WAN IP address is a public IP address instead of the private IP address, you can try to let the internet service provider open the port on their side, or let them give you a public IP address. And refer to this instruction to set it up: https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1993.html

If you can not use the remote management function, you can check whether your router support Reboot Schedule or not, if there is a Reboot Schedule option in the web UI, you can set up a Reboot Schedule to reboot the router in some specific time.

Options
Re:Re:Remote access to my tp link mr200 4g LTE
2019-02-26 12:53:01 - last edited 2019-03-04 05:54:55

Unfortunately, i've already asked for a pubblic ip to my Isp, nothing to do... what do you mean with opening the port on their side? 

A schedule reboot is not for my purpose, sometimes i have a loss of connection between my router and my wifi thermostat and i have to reboot the router manually when i get home, this way (the only way for the moment) thermostat automatically reconnect to the router.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Remote access to my tp link mr200 4g LTE
2019-03-04 15:24:35
I've solved installing a raspberry connected to lan port of the router an controlling it from remote with VNC. From raspberry you can reach the webpage of the router.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Remote access to my tp link mr200 4g LTE
2019-03-06 08:00:38

Hello, sorry to hear that, without public IP address, we cannot access the web interface directly. What I mean is that you can enable remote management on the MR200 first, and then ask whether ISP can open the port for your MR200 at their end. If so, you can access it remotly. In other word, it depends on ISP.

For the unstable conncection issue, it is suggested to change some wireless settings, including wireless channel and channel width. For example, you can change channel to 1, 6 and 11, channel width to 20MHz. Besides, what about the wired connection stability? Is it good? 

May it help and have a nice day.

Eu1927 wrote

Unfortunately, i've already asked for a pubblic ip to my Isp, nothing to do... what do you mean with opening the port on their side? 

A schedule reboot is not for my purpose, sometimes i have a loss of connection between my router and my wifi thermostat and i have to reboot the router manually when i get home, this way (the only way for the moment) thermostat automatically reconnect to the router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 7114

Replies: 4

Related Articles