No IP to give, OFFER abandoned.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-03 11:14:39 - last edited 2019-03-04 03:00:29
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.3.0.0.9.1 v006c.0 Build 170809 Rel 42095n

Hi All,

I'm trying to fix the WiFi connection problem with my home router. I get my Internet from a fibre broadband ISP in the UK. TP Link Archer VR2800 is used instead of the service provider’s router. The internet service works fine as most devices can access internet all the time. 

However at certain times few devices do not connect to the internet. One thing I did find strange is that I get a public IP instead of a 192.168.1.0/24 address like I do for other devices. The IP address assigned to me is in the range which seems to be allocated by the ISP.

Occasionally I am able to connect to the network, but I get a limited connectivity warning.

The only way I can fix the problem is by rebooting the router when the device get allocated a /24 IP automatically. This now getting very annoying as frequently needed. 

Checking the router log i see messaged as:

Recv DISCOVER from <MAC Address>

My DHCP Server is enabled with 

IP Address Pool 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.199

Address Lease Time - 1440 minutes

There are less than 30 clients/hosts connected. 

Any help to fix the issue will be highly appreciated. Thanks. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:No IP to give, OFFER abandoned.
2019-03-04 03:00:16 - last edited 2019-03-04 03:00:29
Hi, what is the current network diagram? Does specific device have this issue? Obtained public IP address? If so, what is it? And what is the public IP address it obtained? Meanwhile you can setup a static IP for that device to do a comparison analysis. May it help.
Options
Re:Re:No IP to give, OFFER abandoned.
2019-04-09 21:59:12

Network Diagram - Phone line from the BT ADSL port connects to the TP link router directly. I am not using the service providers model/router. From the router I have couple of wired collection and rest all the devices are connected wirelessly. 

Does specific device have this issue? No, it happens randomly. I only notice it when this happens to the PCs or iPads. When I cannot browse the internet or office laptop doesn't connect to VPN. 

IP addresses: See attached screenshot of most cases. Where the device is not able to connect it do not have a router IP. If I reboot the router it then works. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:No IP to give, OFFER abandoned.
2019-04-10 07:09:56

Hi,

The IP address (169.254.78.24) is an invalid IP address, that is why there is no internet access with it. 

Regarding to the ipad and PCs, they are still connected to the TP-Link wifi but no internet access, right? What about other devices? Can they get internet from the VR2800 by wired cable/wireless?

If other devices work properly all the time, then it may have something to do with the clients, not VR2800.

First, you can forget the profile or delete the profile and reconnect to the wifi.  https://www.tp-link.com/en/search/?q=profile&t=FAQ&s= 

Second, try to setup static IP for your ipad and PCs to give it a go. https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/41/ 

Besides, you can connect the ipad and PCs to other wireless networks to do a comparison analysis. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2041

Replies: 3

Related Articles