TL-WR902AC connects to wifi bridge in client mode, ethernet not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-12 18:52:38
Model: TL-WR902AC  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a new TL-WR902AC that i'm trying to get working, and struggling.

I did have some success whenI connected the router to my phone in hotspot mode, but it seemed to take a long time to work (may be iphone related).

I followed all the instructions to put it into client mode, connected to the 2.4 SSID (Cisco Aironet AP; I don't have control over it), and the light on the box says it's connected.

Going into diagnostics once it says it's connected, and I can't ping 8.8.8.8 or any internet host but can ping internal hosts that it's allocated DHCP leases to.

Are there known issues of this connecting to aironet installations?  I've tried with both smart DHCP and static, neither work.

I did notice that when I setup the iphone hotspot and got it working, it did change my DHCP lease and allocated me an IP from the phone, should it be?

I've also noticed the connection to the aironet seems to drop out a lot (light flashes every 5-10 minutes).

Any help appreciated. This is new out-of-the-box and needed ASAP.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WR902AC connects to wifi bridge in client mode, ethernet not working
2019-03-13 02:55:16

Hello,

Considering the 902AC works fine with it connected to the phone in hotspot mode, the router should be normal. 

Back  to your case, with the 902AC connected to the cisco Aironet AP, you can ping the host gateway means that the interaction between 2 devices is fine, while it cannot ping 8.8.8.8, that means there may have something wrong between the Cisco Aironet AP and internet. Combined with the unstable issue of the AP, it is suggested to test whether other devices can access internet through Cisco Aironet AP and whether they can ping 8.8.8.8 at that time.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1945

Replies: 1

Related Articles