HS 110 Remote control disable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-24 08:31:16
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

Hello all,

I'm using up to 10 different HS110 Smart home Plug at home.

Could it be, that with the latest version of Kasa App unter iOS and also under Android2.10.0 Build 834, that it is NOT more possible to switch off the remote control?

In earlier version in was passible in both Kasa Apps to switch on and off remote control.

I cannot find anymore switch on/on of the remote control under the deticated plug settings. There I can only change the name of the plug

and see the device information.

Thanks for y quik help.

BR
Jochen

Options
5 Reply
Re:HS 110 Remote control disable
2019-03-25 07:25:51

Hello,

for your information, there is no toggle to turn on/off the remote control in the new APP, while it is enabled by default after the initial setup.

May it help; and if need more help, do not hesitate to contact us.

Good day. 

Scheuerer1 wrote

Hello all,

I'm using up to 10 different HS110 Smart home Plug at home.

Could it be, that with the latest version of Kasa App unter iOS and also under Android2.10.0 Build 834, that it is NOT more possible to switch off the remote control?

In earlier version in was passible in both Kasa Apps to switch on and off remote control.

I cannot find anymore switch on/on of the remote control under the deticated plug settings. There I can only change the name of the plug

and see the device information.

Thanks for y quik help.

BR
Jochen

Options
Re:Re:HS 110 Remote control disable
2019-06-23 06:32:09

Why was this option removed?

Is there another way of disabling remote control?

I'd like to be able to control the plugs locally only and disable remote control (being able to disable cloud access was a huge selling point when I bought these smart plugs).

Thanks!

Options
Re:Re:Re:HS 110 Remote control disable
2019-06-23 17:15:37

Disabling remote control did not prevent the TP Link devices from reaching the TP Link cloud servers.  It simply prevents you from controlling them remotely using the app.  The TP Link devices will continue to contact their cloud as well as other servers like NTP services.  If you want to restrict their access to the internet you need to block them using your router's firewall; if you do that they will no longer run scheduled rules (as they won't be able to track the current time).

AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:HS 110 Remote control disable
2019-06-24 11:33:58

MikeP wrote

It simply prevents you from controlling them remotely using the app.  

This is exactly what I want to do. It used to be possible to disable this using the Kasa app, is it still possible or do I need to add some rules to my firewall to block access from the smart plugs to anything except NTP servers?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:HS 110 Remote control disable
2019-06-24 13:11:10

Sorry, not sure about that...  my focus is on making sure I'm the only one that can change the socket, not on making sure I'm the only one in the chain that can't! 

Blocking everything but NTP would be a bit tricky.  If your firewall has logging you could try disabling everything to see what it pings, then try enabling just one that you trust.  I don't think TPLink publishes the list of NTP servers it checks, and I'm only assuming it's getting it's time from NTP rather than it's own servers because I can't think of any other (not terrifying) reason it'd be trying to contact servers all over the world when it starts...

AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3020

Replies: 5