Samsung smart TV with Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-01 16:21:23 - last edited 2021-03-26 01:25:54
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 build

Hi everyone, 

Just got myself a set of deco m5 and have been enjoying myself surfing in the last 2 days. Love the coverage and performance is stable so I'm extremely happy until I tried to connect my Samsung Smart TV model HU7100 and found out that I cannot connect to the network. 

When I search wireless connection, the network is shown but just can't connect. Tried connecting to my mobile hot-spot and it works so I'm thinking it has to do with the M5 setting. My deco m5 base unit is connected to my isp router via an ethernet cable while WiFi is being disabled and it on router mode. 

For my smart TV, the IP and DNS setting is set to automatic. Ip address, subnet mask, gateway and dns server is all 0.0.0.0 and nothing works. I have tried turning off 5ghz thinking tt it would work on 2.4ghz but unsuccessfully. 

Other than this minor issue, I'm extremely happy with the product. 

Any suggestions? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Re:Samsung smart TV with Deco M5-Solution
2019-04-02 15:39:54 - last edited 2021-03-26 01:25:54

I turned off both fast roaming and beam forming and tested it works. Not sure if it's a bug in the firmware. I thought that these 2 features are suppose to enhance the user experience thus should be disabled. 

Still learning how to optimize the system. Thanks for the learning process

Recommended Solution
Options
12 Reply
Re:Samsung smart TV with Deco M5
2019-04-01 16:58:28

1.2.5 build 20181227 rel 78313, is this the release that giving many ppl nightmares? My performance seems to be OK, just can't connect my Samsung smart tv

Options
2019-04-02 07:31:28

Hi,

Per your description, the Deco M5 is connected to the ISP router and works in router mode, while the wifi is disabled? While what I'm confused is that you said you can see the Deco's wifi but unable to join it; so I wanna know did you disable the isp router's wifi or Deco M5?

Besides, back to your case, if your smart TV can detect the wifi but unable to join it, it is suggested to disable fast roaming, and setup qos as standard, clear high priority devices and give it a go. 

May it work. Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Samsung smart TV with Deco M5-Solution
2019-04-02 15:39:54 - last edited 2021-03-26 01:25:54

I turned off both fast roaming and beam forming and tested it works. Not sure if it's a bug in the firmware. I thought that these 2 features are suppose to enhance the user experience thus should be disabled. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Re:Re:Samsung smart TV with Deco M5
2019-04-02 15:42:57
I disabled the WiFi function on the isp provided router, so all my devices are connected via the Deco WiFi. I only had issues with my Smart TV, all other devices works flawlessly with both fast roaming and beam forming enable. Maybe its the TV WiFi adapter that's causing the issue
Options
Re:Re:Re:Samsung smart TV with Deco M5
2019-04-03 01:53:08

Jowk wrote

Hello,

Thanks for your valued reply and glad to hear that you figured it out finally. Congrats. 

And we are working on it as well and try to optimize the whole system. 

If need any further help, do not hesitate to contact us. 

Have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Samsung smart TV with Deco M5
2020-03-22 08:40:30 - last edited 2020-03-22 08:46:17

@Jowk I can just confirm, with current firmware (as of 2020/03) this still is the same with Deco M4. 2 different models of smar tv from samsung failed to connect, and exactly as described, it started working when beamforming and fast switching disable, but wtf, that is degrading my whole user experience in the network. maybe better all who have the issue, shoould address that to Samsung TV support, and request firmwar fix on their side. But hey if boys on TP side could fix it it would be great, maybe optional disbaling that probleatic function on detecting samsung tv?

Options
2020-04-09 03:39:51

@Jowk I am also using Samsung smart Tv but I do not use it with Deco M5. I use Mobdro instead to access Internet.

Options
2021-03-25 21:16:09
Same here, only Samsung smart TV will not connect to Deco M5.
Options
2021-03-26 01:19:48 - last edited 2021-03-26 01:28:23

@BivashRajpaul 

Hi, did the TV connect to the Deco via Ethernet cable or by Wi-Fi?

Would there be any error message when it failed to connect the Deco?

Have you tried to turn off the fast roaming and beamforming on the Deco APP to have a look?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-03-30 15:30:08

@TP-Link 

HI, please see my responses below:

Hi, did the TV connect to the Deco via Ethernet cable or by Wi-Fi? Via Wi-Fi.

Would there be any error message when it failed to connect the Deco? No, the Samsung TV does not pickup the Deco wifi broadcast anymore.

Have you tried to turn off the fast roaming and beamforming on the Deco APP to have a look? Yes turned both off and the DECO Wi-Fi was still not available on the Samsung TV.

To Add, I have now picked up my Epson printer also cannot pick up the deco Wi-Fi and the range has decreased after the last firmware update.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 10943

Replies: 12

Related Articles