Low Bandwith / Banda ancha muy baja

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-01 23:53:55 - last edited 2019-04-02 00:17:02

Hi,

I'm new here, and i want to comment my point, I have a Powerline Adapter TL-WPA8630P v2.0 just bought, I have updated it and the circunstances is that i'm living in a townhouse in a piece of ground, where i have another house, a guest house, in this house sometimes i have guest that come to visit me, and it's like 50-100 meters from the main house, so I have bought the adapter to delivery internet connection to the guest house, trying to use the electric instalation to delivery it, but I got a surprise when after connect the adapter and the receptor and try it, I only get arround 50 MB downloading and 20-30 MB uploading, from the 500 MBPS that i have contracted, thinking that it may happen due to configuration, I worked in it and try to configure connection throught app and web, but there was no place for configure connection, so i tried so many configurations, wired, wireless, 5 ghz, 2,4 ghz, after a lot of trials nothing work, I thought the adapter was supporting at max 1600 MB, I think probably the mid (650 MB) will work, but probably due to distance it could go down like 250 or 200 MB, and it would be great, but i have lost like a 90% of the bandwith, I have only 50 MB and not always, sometimes it could go down to 20-30 MB, I'm afraid of thinking it could get down than 10 MB due electrical noise, so I really would like if there is some way to improve this...

About specificationes, the router is connected to a Huawei's ONT, configured by the internet enterprise and with restriction acceso to optical fiber that i have contracted, I connected the ONT Router to the powerline by a cat 5e wired, I have do the connection test with and iPhone 8, a macbook air and a asus rog from 2016 year, the last 2 with gigabit ethernet port, SSD disk, i7 processor 4-6th gen and good network cards.

Did you think probably the problem come from the cat 5e wire? is there any configuration that I probably skipped? or is the main problem the distance? or maybe it comes from another problem... What did you advice me?

If the problem come frome the distance... Did you this is better way for improve the bandwith, use the powerline adapters like wifi repeaters, setting them in the most nearest room between the main house and the guest house?

Greetings and thanks in advance.

----- Castellano -----

Hola,

Soy nuevo por aquí os comento mi caso, dispongo de un Powerline adapter TL-WPA8630P v2.0 recien comprado, lo he actualizado y el tema es que vivo en un chalet en un terreno y disponemos de una casa de invitados que ocasionalmente se le da uso a solo unos 50-100 metros de la mia dentro del terreno, el tema está en que lo he comprado pensando en enviar a traves de la linea electrica que comparte con la casa principal la señal de internet, mi sorpresa ha venido que cuando he hecho la conexión y hemos empezado a probarlo, solo se acercaba a 50 MB de descarga y 20-30 MB de subida de los 500 MBPS que tengo contratados, pensando que era de configuración he comprobado por activa y por pasiva la misma, tanto por app como por web, pero nada me permitía cambiar la velocidad de red, probando a ver si fuera el enchufe, el wifi o el cable, hice pruebas a ver si funcionaba, con cables, sin cables, con 5 ghz, con 2,4 ghz, y nada pensaba que siendo un adaptador que soporta hasta 1300 MB, que con facilidad perdían la mitad (650 MB) pensé siendo tan lejos quizás no llegaría a los 500 MB, pero con rozar los 250 o 200 me valía, pero es que ha perdido un 90% de la banda ancha, se ha quedado en 50 MB y eso si llega, que a veces se queda en 30 MB, me da miedo incluso pensar que quizás con más ruido electrico se quedaría en menos de 10 MB... por eso me planteaba saber si hay algo que se pueda hacer para mejorar esto...

El router al que esta conectado es una ONT Huawei configurada y de acceso restringido a la ONT por la empresa con la que tengo la fibra óptica contratada, conectado con el cable que trae el powerline de cat 5e, las pruebas de velocidad las he hecho con iphone 8, con un macbook air, y con un asus rog de 2016, ambos con puerto gigabit, con disco duro SSD, procesadores i7 de 4ª-6ª gen y con tarjetas de red potentes.

¿Creeis que el problema es del cable cat 5e? ¿hay alguna configuración y me la he saltado? o ¿que es por que hay demasiada distancia? O quizás por otro motivo... ¿Que me recomendais?

Si es por distancia, ¿pensais que es más viable que use ambos como repetidores wifi colocandolos en las habitaciónes mas cercanas entre sí de ambas casas?

Un Saludo y Gracias por adelantado.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Low Bandwith / Banda ancha muy baja
2019-04-02 08:27:52

Hi,

First, the TL-WPA8630P can handle up tp 1 Gigabit cause it has the gigabit ethernet ports; AV1300 is the powerline rate, it is not the actual speed, while it will affects the actual speed.

Back to your case, it is suggested to put them into the same room and test the speed first to prevent the interference from powerline environment. 

Meanwhile with them plugged at the original places, please check the light status of them and the powerline rate between them with the tpPLC utility.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/tl-wpa8630p-kit/#Utility

Besides, there is an instruction released to narrow down the issue, please give it a go first. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2231.html 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 929

Replies: 1