Powerline WiFi & Router without RJ45

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-08 17:18:31

Hello

My internet router is a kind of LTE creditcard-like device (look for "tre webpocket").

My version of webpocket:

- does not have a RJ45 port

- does not have WPS button

Therefore the question: in order to use a powerline wifi system, could I pick up the exisiting wifi signal using a "wifi to ethernet converter" like the following:

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Ethernet-Network-Bridge-Adapter/dp/B01GF6GST4

Thanks

Fred

Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline WiFi & Router without RJ45
2019-04-10 09:27:48

Hi,

For your information, the powerline adapter need connect to the main router by wired cable to access internet first.

While cause there is no RJ45 port on the main router, and I found that the device listed can connect to the main router by wireless and provide ethernet connection for wired device, so you can connect it to the LTE router by wifi first and connect the powerline adapters to it by cable to access internet.

For the setup procedure, it is suggested to contact their tech support cause we are not familiar with it.

May it help. Good day.

Fred363 wrote

Hello

My internet router is a kind of LTE creditcard-like device (look for "tre webpocket").

My version of webpocket:

- does not have a RJ45 port

- does not have WPS button

Therefore the question: in order to use a powerline wifi system, could I pick up the exisiting wifi signal using a "wifi to ethernet converter" like the following:

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Ethernet-Network-Bridge-Adapter/dp/B01GF6GST4

Thanks

Fred

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 482

Replies: 1