Deco M5 - Xiaomi camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 - Xiaomi camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
24 Reply
Re:Deco M5 - Xiaomi camera
2020-01-26 15:57:39

@Apmucm I had the same problems, my XIAOMI 360° secure cam, works great on all kind of router but was unable to connect to 2*M4 Deco router ...

Wath I need to do was :

-) Only 1* router connected to my box, all other one switched Off

-) No Guest network

-) Only 2,4GHz

-) No IPv6

-) No fast link

-) No Beamforming

The I've been able to connect my Xiaomi secure cam. Renamed and affected to user.

Then : You need to block the camera adress in the TP-Link application.

Then step by step release the functions you had blocked here over, switch on again all your DECO_M4 at first;

and then one after one the other functions , by testing each time your camera still runs, if not start the process again :( ...

The most sensible is Fast link and Beamforming ...

It takes 1/2 day to me to do all this stuff.... for one camera ; TP-Link should quickly review what is the root causes of this trouble.

I've bind two other camera without any trouble and have quite 30 devices connected ...

Regards

Options
2020-03-27 14:51:26

FPV_67 wrote

@Apmucm I had the same problems, my XIAOMI 360° secure cam, works great on all kind of router but was unable to connect to 2*M4 Deco router ...

Wath I need to do was :

-) Only 1* router connected to my box, all other one switched Off

-) No Guest network

-) Only 2,4GHz

-) No IPv6

-) No fast link

-) No Beamforming

The I've been able to connect my Xiaomi secure cam. Renamed and affected to user.

Then : You need to block the camera adress in the TP-Link application.

Then step by step release the functions you had blocked here over, switch on again all your DECO_M4 at first;

and then one after one the other functions , by testing each time your camera still runs, if not start the process again :( ...

The most sensible is Fast link and Beamforming ...

It takes 1/2 day to me to do all this stuff.... for one camera ; TP-Link should quickly review what is the root causes of this trouble.

I've bind two other camera without any trouble and have quite 30 devices connected ...

Regards

I have the same problem with Xiaomi Camera 360 and Deco M4. 

TP-Link should quickly fix this problem

Options
2020-03-28 12:40:24

I have a similar issue with my M4 mesh set up and 3 Xiaomi 1080p  IP cameras .

Options
2020-04-01 17:12:29

@Apmucm

I got exactly the same problem! I just bought a Xiaomi IMILAB security camera N1 and I was struggling trying to connect to my Deco E4 until I saw this post.

For anyone who cannot connect the camera to Deco: Just disable "Fast Roaming" then everything will work as it should! After the camera connected to WiFi, DO NOT turn on the "Fast Roaming" again, it will break the connection and camera will not be back. I've tried to update Xiaomi camera to latest firmware but it won't fix this.

I think TP-Link should really fix this problem anyway. Xiaomi also has its own mesh equipments and I never heard any user report similar problem on other routers.

BTW, this camera is a new model that just announced few months ago.

Options
2020-04-02 03:18:09

@B.M @TuBT and all, 

Can Xiaomi camera detect the Deco's wifi?

Try to turn off 2.4GHz or 5GHz respectively and test whether it works well. 

And try to disable fast roaming to give it a go. You can enable guest network to give it a shot as well. 

Besides, you can upgrade the firmware of the camera or reset it. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-04-11 15:20:05 - last edited 2020-04-11 15:20:37

@Kevin_Z 
 the problems is the same with me Deco M4.

The camara can't work, (not able to connect) when i turn on Fast Roadming.

I guess problems is with Deco M4 System

Options
2020-04-13 05:42:42

I can confirm. My xiaomi camera only works with deco wifi after fast roaming is disabled.

Options
2020-04-17 08:52:47

Same here - only disabling fast roaming on M4 makes the camera connect, which is obviously not a solution.

Can someone from tplink do something with it?

Options
Re:Deco M5 - Xiaomi camera-Solution
2020-04-17 09:32:10 - last edited 2020-04-17 09:32:55

Hi All,

It's recommended to kindly read the below thread. It's obviously a limitation on the client-side due to lacking support of the 802.11r roaming protocol.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/180194

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco M5 - Xiaomi camera- same issue with m4
2020-06-07 16:48:47

@Kevin_Z 

hi

injust bought a new m4 set. All 3 mi cameras fails to connect and were All fine before. This is a big issue ... what can i do?

thx

Options
Related Articles