Deco M9 DNS Providers - dyndns, no-ip ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-12 13:59:18 - last edited 2019-04-12 14:06:36
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V8
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Does the m9 support dns providers other than TP-Link?  I have a whole bunch of existing devices all set up to use a dyndns name that was provisioned n a previous tp-link produc but the deco user guide only shows tp-link dns.  Can I add a dyndns address?

Thanks l

Options
9 Reply
Re:Deco M9 DNS Providers - dyndns, no-ip ?
2019-04-15 11:10:06

Hi,

Deco app does not support other ddns except TP-LINK DDNS yet. If you need TP-LINK DDNS, please go to deco app--TP-LINK DDNS to register.

Good day!

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Deco M9 DNS Providers - dyndns, no-ip ?
2019-04-17 08:06:53

thanks for replying - its not the end of the world as I can use something else on the network to broadcast those updates - but if it is possible to log it as a feature request that would be great

Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco M9 DNS Providers - dyndns, no-ip ?
2019-04-17 08:29:19

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and kind feedback. We will consider about this and see if it is possible to add more options for DDNS in the near future.

Good day!

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-07-06 09:02:52

Hi, thank you !!

We are very interested in this, please help me gain more knowledge!!

Options
Re:Re:Deco M9 DNS Providers - dyndns, no-ip ?
2019-07-08 11:51:32

@katychouli 

The Deco supports TP-LINK DDNS only for now. 

Options
2021-03-23 01:05:14

When Deco will support others DDNS? 

Options
2021-03-23 01:40:36

@Hazree 

Hi,there is still no plan to add support for other DDNS.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-03-24 08:35:35

@TP-Link TP-Link ddns would be great, but it's just not working.

Options
2021-03-24 10:08:26

@spenglermanfred 

Hi, , Could you please check again whether the DNS is working or not?

Since I tested on my side and it is working fine;

I also see another related post and there seemed to be an issue with the DDNS but it has been recovered now:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/258534

And if you still have the same issue, can I have some pictures or more details about how the DDNS failed to work?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4972

Replies: 9

Related Articles