Powerline works on ethernet but weak wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-14 11:14:27

Powerline : TL-WPA4220 v2.0

When connecting my laptop to the powerline ethernet the connection is great however the wifi is very weak and disconnects a lot. I am only about 2-3meters from the powerline adapter. What can I do to fix that ? I tried changing channels from auto to 11 but didn't improve.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Powerline works on ethernet but weak wifi
2019-04-16 06:49:06

Hi,

Please check if you are 2-3 meters away from the wifi adapter other than the wired adapter. TL-WPA4220 contains a wired adapter and wifi adapter. Wired one is used to connect to a router to transfer internet signal, wifi one is used for wireless clients to connect.

If it  is, how many signal bars do you have when you are 2-3 meters away from the wifi adapter? Except your laptop, do you have same issue on other devices like phone or table?

Please plug the wifi adapter to different locations and see if it is same.

Good day!

Options
Re:Re:Powerline works on ethernet but weak wifi
2019-04-20 19:18:32

Yes it is the same in all devices (phones and laptops).

The connection has all bars but it disconnects a lot to no connection. So it's either all bars, or no connection.

When I try to move it even closer (say 500m) the same still happens.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Powerline works on ethernet but weak wifi
2019-04-22 09:47:45

Hi,

Please check the current firmware and hardware version, if it is not the latest one, please update it first. 

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/tl-wpa4220kit/#Firmware 

How to update it: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1614/

Then you can fix channel as channel 1, 6 or 11 and change channel width to 20MHz.

Any updates, please let us know.

Nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2028

Replies: 3

Related Articles