WR841N - SSL certificates issues over wifi connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-15 06:54:10
Model: TL-WR841N_EU  
Hardware Version: V9
Firmware Version:

Good day.

I have a problem with wifi connection on my router

Whenever I coonect my laptop with Win 10 to wifi, I'm constantly getting errors on various web-sites in a random manner, like, "NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID", "Invalid SSL certificate" etc. It happens both with Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. It happens on random web-sites without any obsious reason - eg it happens also on google.com and youtube.com and wikipedia.com etc etc - it's not related to one or two web-sites.

It surely has nothing to do with viruses/malware/spyware etc - I'm not getting any of those errors when I connect using my 4G-modem or when I connect my laptop with lan-cable directly to router. It only happens with wifi connection.

Here is what I already did and what doesn't resolve the issue:

1) Resetting router settings to defaults

2) Re-flashing latest version of firmware available on official web-site

3) Re-flashing latest version of openwrt firmware

4) Re-flashing from openwrt back to original firmware

5) Contacting my ISP - they say that they have no idea about such issues

6) Updating/restarting my laptop - it has win 10 with all latest updates installed

7) Googled a way to clear Windows cache of SSL certificated and DNS cache - doesn't help

8) Cleaning the dust from router antennas did not improve the situation either laugh

I'd be gladful for any ideas or insights related.

Thx and rgrds,

Niko

Options
1 Reply
Re:WR841N - SSL certificates issues over wifi connection
2019-04-16 02:40:27

Hi,

Not sure if it has anything to do with the computer. Could you please check if it is same on all other devices and see if you get the same result?

Good day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1076

Replies: 1

Related Articles