USB Printer Controller Utility not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-19 09:13:45 - last edited 2019-04-22 03:32:36
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 1.1 v002d.0 Build 150824 Rel.40904n

I've been using succesfully for a while the USB Printer Controller Utility with a Samsung ML-1520 printer.

Suddenly, the print function stopped working and the Auto-Connect Printer List window did not show my printer any longer - worse, it began beeping a sound periodically, perhaps trying to fetch it around. PC is Windows 10. Thank you for any hint. Stopping the printer server on the router side makes the sound stop altogether

Wireless router is an Archer D7 with firmware 0.9.1 1.1 v002d.0 Build 150824 Rel.40904n - Please note the select drop down lis did not allow me to select "D7" as a model but at most "C7".

USB printer controller  utility software version is 1.12.0927

Driver version is 1.75.0

Bregards, Marco

Options
3 Reply
Re:USB Printer Controller Utility not working
2019-04-22 12:23:39

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback first and we will update our staff this missed model issue. 

Back to your case, I found that the current printer is not listed in the compatibility list.  Cause we have not tested it yet, it is hard to guarantee its performance. 

https://static.tp-link.com/resources/compatible/Print-Server/Print_Server_Compatibility_List_160804.pdf

First, please ensure the physical connection between the printer and router is well; then you can try to reinstall the USB printer controller utility and disable the anti-virus software and firewall to give it a go. 

Any updates, just let us know. 

Nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:USB Printer Controller Utility not working
2019-04-30 18:07:24

Thank you so much for your reply. Actually, disabling the firewall allows the utility to work. The firewall is from Bitdefender Total Security but I would like not to disable it just to let the printer work. Which settings would you advice to configure? Thanks

Marco

Options
Re:Re:Re:USB Printer Controller Utility not working
2019-05-06 06:34:20

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. Cause it works with the firewall disabled, it had been blocked by it before.

While considering you want to enable the firewall, it is suggested to contact the tech support of the firewall to add the utility into the whitelist and make it work.

May it help and have a nice day. 

marmas wrote

Thank you so much for your reply. Actually, disabling the firewall allows the utility to work. The firewall is from Bitdefender Total Security but I would like not to disable it just to let the printer work. Which settings would you advice to configure? Thanks

Marco

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4859

Replies: 3

Related Articles