Home led blinking red

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Home led blinking red

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Home led blinking red
Home led blinking red
2019-04-22 08:56:36
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I resetet everiting (modem, router , powerline ) and pair again, stil no response.

the home led is flassing red every minit on the home plug, even when de otheer one is not conected.

But when the are conected, the have the same issu.

No internet and the red light.

Is there a solution?

Thanks 

Ed

Options
4 Reply
Re:Home led blinking red
2019-04-22 09:24:13

Hi,

The powerline led shows red means that the siginal strength is weak, it is suggested to change another socket to plug it and make the powerline light show yellor or green. 

Besides, you can re-pair them with the below instruction and check whether you can access internet when they are in the same room. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/258/

Note: Please check the IP address and default gateway obtained by your device. https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/838/

After that, you can relocate it and test whether it works fine. 

Any updates, please let us know.

Options
Re:Re:Home led blinking red
2019-04-22 09:39:28

Thanks,

But it's working fine for about a week.

I both this set for the replacement of an older model that was broken.

So normaly the sokets are good.

So i reset the module, pair them again, next to eachouder. Even then the led is blinking red.

Options
Re:Home led blinking red
2019-04-22 10:17:32

The firmware is up to date  ; 2.0.3 Build 20171020 Rel.75749

IP 192.168.1.29

Gateway 192.168.1.1

Nothing that I do, solfs the problem.

I'm thinking about going back to the store for warranty

Thanks,

Ed

Options
Re:Re:Re:Home led blinking red
2019-04-23 03:21:47

Hi,

The performance of the powerline adapters is affected a lot by the powerline environment, and Cause it is invisible, it is hard to know the changes happens. 

While if you have not retuned it yet, you can change different sockets to plug it and plug the 2 adapters into the same room and into the wall sockets directly to give it a go. 

If you have returned it, we are sorry for the inconvenience and we do understand your feeling. Hope there is an opportunity to work with you regarding to the TP-Link device again in the near future. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 30594

Replies: 4

Related Articles