Deco M4 2.4band channel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4 2.4band channel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M4 2.4band channel
Deco M4 2.4band channel
2019-04-29 10:41:37
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello

I have bought the deco m4 set of 3. So far it's working good.
Only problem is when i use the dual band feature it always connects to the 2.4g band and my speed is really slow.

When i look at the tp utility wich i have installed because i use the archer T6E in my pc it always says it has good connection like max 300mbps.

So theoretically i should get good speeds as well.

But when doing speedtest i only get around 40-50mbps

Once i force it to use the 5g band i can get good speeds, around 100-120mbps.

But when i use 5g connection is only fair, when i use 2.4g connection is excellent. But speeds are not showing this...

I believe that the channel that my deco and archer connect to are saturated.

Is there a solution for this? I am not really a expert.

The closest deco to my pc is only a couple of meters away and on the same floor.

Thanks in advance.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M4 2.4band channel
2019-05-03 08:30:36

Hi,

There is no way to change the channel of the Deco unit yet, instead, it will select a clean channel by itself;  while regarding to the speed issue, we can do further analysis and try to fix it. 

Do the devices connected to the 2.4Ghz have the same slow speed issue? What about the wired speed? Is it good?

With your computer connected to the 2.4GHz, please run a speed test and check the wireless link speed. Below is the instruction: 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2265/ 

Note: Please show us the pictures of the speed test and the wifi link speed page. 

Besides, it is suggested to disable fast roaming to give it a go as well.

Have you ever setup any QoS features yet? 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Kristof_S wrote

Hello

I have bought the deco m4 set of 3. So far it's working good.
Only problem is when i use the dual band feature it always connects to the 2.4g band and my speed is really slow.

When i look at the tp utility wich i have installed because i use the archer T6E in my pc it always says it has good connection like max 300mbps.

So theoretically i should get good speeds as well.

But when doing speedtest i only get around 40-50mbps

Once i force it to use the 5g band i can get good speeds, around 100-120mbps.

But when i use 5g connection is only fair, when i use 2.4g connection is excellent. But speeds are not showing this...

I believe that the channel that my deco and archer connect to are saturated.

Is there a solution for this? I am not really a expert.

The closest deco to my pc is only a couple of meters away and on the same floor.

Thanks in advance.

Options
Re:Deco M4 2.4band channel
2020-01-03 22:16:15 - last edited 2020-01-03 22:18:39

@Kristof_S 

The only way I found to seperate the Channels was to create a guest network with 5.0ghz on and 2.4ghz off. This way you can broadcasts one SSID with 2.4 ghz ONLY  and the other SSID with 5.0ghz ONLY. This can be effective to support devices only compatible with older spectrum technology. This guarantees speed at 5.0ghz

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4434

Replies: 2

Related Articles