Deco M9 Plus in AP mode taking over DHCP server and assigning IPs in own subnet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 Plus in AP mode taking over DHCP server and assigning IPs in own subnet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
124 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus in AP mode taking over DHCP server and assigning IPs in own subnet
2020-05-10 07:34:17

@Noodles 

Sorry to hear you are always having issues. Issues that tplink (  @Kevin_Z @tplink ) don't think deserve a fix in almost 12 months.

That is what makes the least sense to me. All they have to do is offer a toggle in advanced settings to disable "Smart DHCP" for people experiencing this issue. Yet, it never comes.

Speaks volumes about the respect they have for paying customers. I am slowly replacing my network kit and will offload the tplink mesh devices and switches and never go back to this brand.

Options
Re:Deco M9 Plus in AP mode taking over DHCP server and assigning IPs in own subnet
2020-05-31 03:53:51

@phillip_mcmahon 

Yup, hopefully a simple 'disable smart DHCP' switch will do the trick...

HELLO TP-LINK ! Please remove this infuriating, network killer fault... on an otherwise fantastic product...please! 

Options
2020-05-31 05:07:04

@Noodles 

I have exactly the same problem. It happens too often to make me upset. My DECO in AP mode takes DHCP role and mess up my network. I do not want to switch into router mode, because I have a  good router I want to keep. I am not sure I can trust DECO M4 security in router mode.

So yeah, I would appreciate the patch from TP LINK soon as well.

Options
2020-05-31 06:57:44

@Noodles 

@Kevin_Z 

@tplink 

@Support 

Yes that would work.

We've been asking for 9 months for this. Nothing comes. It's ridiculous.

Options
2020-06-05 10:20:36 - last edited 2020-06-05 10:39:08

wow.  just wow.

Havng just discovered this problem with my Deco Mesh M5s, and reading all the threads about it I'm extremely disspointed in TPLink for providing what can only be described as broken, not fit for purpose equipement.    

I am packing my DECO's up right now, sending them back and NOT purchasing ANYTHING from TPlink again. 

Just terrible, absolute garbage.  I'm sorry I wasted my time with them . Disgusting.

Options
2020-06-07 08:52:20

@DLMax 

@tplink 

@Support 

@Kevin_Z 

So a new firmware gets released and there is no sign, NOTHING, about being able to disable the "Smart DHCP" feature.

Wow. After 10 months of this being reported as a problem.

Hopefully, I am wrong. Please can you confirm either way.

Please show some respect to your customers.

Options
2020-06-07 09:05:48 - last edited 2020-06-07 09:06:10

@tplink 

@Support 

@Kevin_Z 

It gets even better. The latest firmware has been in beta since March 2020, yet the one simple feature to disable this dumb dhcp isn't even in there!!

I honestly have no idea what your product managers are doing!

LAST tplink product purchase ever.

Options
2020-06-11 01:51:18
Just a question, does anyone from TP-Link actually look at these forums, or are we just whinging amongst ourselves? What's the actual path/process to petition/request/complain about this feature (and lets get emailing/calling/etc) to see if we can actually get a formal response. Cheers!
Options
2020-06-11 03:39:35

@Noodles 

I think they do. Look at many of the recent forum topics where tplink have responded. 

They've perhaps given up on this, and the topic in general as it seems after 10 months of knowing about it they've decided not to address in their latest firmware update.

It's a sign to me of their commitment to the product at its core and to the customers who paid good money for it.

It's the reason I won't buy another tplink product in the future.

Options
2020-06-11 05:56:23 - last edited 2020-06-11 05:56:44

@phillip_mcmahon 

Maybe we should, instead of adding to this thread, simply start flooding the forum with a new thread everytime? 

Options
Related Articles