Limited transfer speed even if the Powerlines are connected at 300 Mbps?! + QoS Profiles Manual

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Limited transfer speed even if the Powerlines are connected at 300 Mbps?! + QoS Profiles Manual

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-09 20:37:42 - last edited 2019-05-13 03:37:08
Model: TL-PA7010 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.2.4_701012_170627_902

Good morning,

I would have 2 questions to do:

___ Cable eth -> NAS
                                                                                   |
1. I have the following configuration: Modem Router |
                                                                                   | ___ Cable eth -> Powerline A -> Power grid -> Powerline B -> Cable eth -> Notebbok

If I connect my Notebbok directly to the Modem, the transfer speed from Notebbok to NAS is on average greater than 30MB/s.
If I connect my Notebbok to the Modem via the Powerline (as per the scheme mentioned above), the transfer speed from Notebbok to NAS is on average less than 10MB/s.

NB: The connection speed between the two Powerlines is constantly greater than 300Mbps (verified by tpPLC Utility);
       The signal on the 2 power lines of the signal strength is yellow;
       The speed of the Notebook and the NAS is 1Gbps.

- Why is the transfer speed, using Powerlines, so low? Theoretically, with the data I have provided, should the transfer speed not be equal to 30MB/s (having the connection speed between the 2 Powerlines of at least 300Mb)?

- How can i improve it?

- The connection speed showed by tpPLC Utility, is true? Exactly, what is it?

----------------------------

2. In your site/manuals i have not found any information regarding the description associated to the QoS profiles that can be set through tpPLC Utility. It is possible to have a descriptive manual with such information (in the support page of the product in question i have not found nothing)? Someone can provide it to me?

Thank to all!

Greetings.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Limited transfer speed even if the Powerlines are connected at 300 Mbps?! + QoS Profiles Manual
2019-05-15 05:42:48

Hi,

The powerline link rate is not the actual speed/transfer speed, while it will affect them a lot. Like some other interference. 

With your notebook connected to the powerline adapters, the powerline link rate is 300Mbps, while the transfer speed is 10MB/s = 80mbps. Generally speaking, the transfer speed is about 30% of the negotiation speed, that is why you get 10MB/s transfer speed with notebook connected to the powerline adapter; 

Compared to the 30MB/s=240mbps/s with notebook connected to th modem directly, the speed is normal. The negotiation speed should be 1Gbps with NAS and notebook connected to the modem directly. 

The yellow powerline led means that the powerline adaptor is in a location with a good signal strength. While you can change different wall socket to plug it and check whether the powerline rate will be higher. 

Regarding to the QoS, please refer to https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1613/

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1385

Replies: 1