Router have no signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router have no signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Router have no signal
Router have no signal
2019-05-11 17:55:25
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi, I lightning bolt struck my home and after that my router is not working anymore. It turns on but all led indicators for wired connection are turned on permanently, as if I had four devices connected even though I have none. The wifi led indicators flash as if it was working ok but I don't get any signal from 2.4 nor 5.0 Ghz.

Please can you advice? Thank you very much.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Router have no signal
2019-05-12 11:30:23
Try the 30-30-30 reset and if possible reenter your all your settings. If that does not work, I would replace it.
Options
2019-05-13 02:29:23

Hi,

First you can disable the wifi function by turn off the wifi button; then re-enable it and test whether you can detect the wifi signal.

If still the same, please power up the router and hold the reset button/hole for 10s to reset it; after that, check whether the wifi function is available. 

Besides, you can login to the web UI of the router to verify whether the wifi function is normal. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

ManoPajaro wrote

Hi, I lightning bolt struck my home and after that my router is not working anymore. It turns on but all led indicators for wired connection are turned on permanently, as if I had four devices connected even though I have none. The wifi led indicators flash as if it was working ok but I don't get any signal from 2.4 nor 5.0 Ghz.

Please can you advice? Thank you very much.

Options
2022-02-15 13:31:23

@ManoPajaro same problem with me. 

All lights on 

But wifi is undetectable

Even with lan cable its showing nothing in my pc

Options
2022-02-16 05:38:21

Jmor2u wrote

@ManoPajaro same problem with me. 

All lights on 

But wifi is undetectable

Even with lan cable its showing nothing in my pc

Hello @Jmor2u, please check my previous reply to ManoPajaro, then confirm if you can make it work. 

If nothing helps, the router might be faulty, you can check if you can bring it back via firmware recovery. If no luck, you will need to replace it:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/165450

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2639

Replies: 4

Related Articles