MR200 traffic monitor persistence between resets

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-16 14:09:19 - last edited 2019-05-17 01:41:04
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

I have a MR200 V3 router and I'm sharing the internet connection through all the devices in my house.

Is there the possibility to trace and have control of the bandwidth usage by someone on the LAN?

I enabled the "traffic monitor" in the "System tools" and it's doing quite the job, but unluckily the stats are not preserved between router reboots so this's not a reliable solution.

Is it possible to have them persisted between reboots?

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:MR200 traffic monitor persistence between resets
2019-05-17 03:01:05

Hi,

Sorry to tell you that there is no other method to have them persisted between reboots; the data will be zeroing once reboot it.

To control the bandwidth usage of specific device, you can setup bandwidth control to give it a go.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1658/

May it help and have a nice day. 

Janniz wrote

Hi all,

I have a MR200 V3 router and I'm sharing the internet connection through all the devices in my house.

Is there the possibility to trace and have control of the bandwidth usage by someone on the LAN?

I enabled the "traffic monitor" in the "System tools" and it's doing quite the job, but unluckily the stats are not preserved between router reboots so this's not a reliable solution.

Is it possible to have them persisted between reboots?

Thanks

Options
Re:Re:MR200 traffic monitor persistence between resets
2019-05-18 10:36:58 - last edited 2019-05-18 10:50:43

Thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Actually I've solved putting an old openwrt switch between the MR200 and my LAN to monitor and record traffic statistics, but indeed I would have preferred to have them persisted directly into the MR200.

Regards.

Options
Re:Re:Re:MR200 traffic monitor persistence between resets
2019-05-20 01:25:22

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, sorry for the inconvenience caused, while it is glad to hear that it was resolved finally.

Meanwhile, we will remind our R&D colleagues and they can work on it.

Besides, do not hesitate to come back  to us if need more help.

Have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 817

Replies: 3