Adding wireless extension to TP-Link TL-PA4010P KIT-AV500

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-22 07:47:04
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've installed the TL-PA4010P to connect up my room upstairs, because there is no Internet signal upstairs. However, I would like to add a wireless powerline to the same network to set up a wifi signal for iPad/iPhone/computer etc use. Hope to get some some support and advice. 

I am thinking about a few options. I think option 1 is the best because of the lowest costs. 

1) Add another wireless powerline adapter, which ones are compatible? I have found

- TP-Link TL-WPA4220 WiFi 500 Mbps (49 euros) to add on an extra adapter. Is there a maximum of powerline adapters that I can add for this model? 

2) replace the powerline adapter with another wireless powerline adapter with wifi signal. Which ones are compatible. Is there a wireless powerline adapter (with integrated power connect on the adapter) that is compatible with my existing setup?

3) Since 4010P is an old model, is it better to invest in another (better) model Kit? Do you have suggestions? I have a requirment of two adapters in this case.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Adding wireless extension to TP-Link TL-PA4010P KIT-AV500
2019-05-23 02:33:16

Hello,

FYI, all the TP-Link powerline adapters are compatible with each other.

While cause the current adapter is 4010P, if you want to add another single powerline extender unit with wifi function, the TL-WPA4220, TL-WPA4530 are good choices; or you can replace the whole powerline adapters and upgrade to an advanced model, like the 7/8/9 series. 

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/powerline/

Note: The model begins with TL-WPAxx means that this unit supports wifi function.

Besides, you can refer to the instruction below to get more info. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/434/

May it help.

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2155

Replies: 1